• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

WTB: Mbuna groups

toddnbecka

Members
I have a nice brood of perlmutt fry close to 1" now. They're sharing a 75 with a quad of ruby red peacocks and 6 small eureka red juvies.

iamzrad

Members
I picked up some Cyno Jalo Reefs over the weekend, still looking for another group that could possibly be with the Jalo Reefs(?).

At this point I'm only looking for fish no larger than 1.5-2".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Ps. salousi?

Phil, you looking for fish that stay under 2" or are 2" now? Not sure how many mbuna will stay 2" or less as adults.... demasoni are one of the smallest and they get bigger than 2". Your Cynotilapia will also get bigger than 2".

Wblaze

Members
Not sure where you are, but Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring has tons of nice choices in your size range -- maybe socolofi. House of tropicals has some small white labs that would look nice too

iamzrad

Members
Ps. salousi?

Phil, you looking for fish that stay under 2" or are 2" now? Not sure how many mbuna will stay 2" or less as adults.... demasoni are one of the smallest and they get bigger than 2". Your Cynotilapia will also get bigger than 2".

Duhhhh, under 2" now. :p

Not sure where you are, but Tropical Lagoon in Silver Spring has tons of nice choices in your size range -- maybe socolofi. House of tropicals has some small white labs that would look nice too

I actually stopped by Tropical Lagoon yesterday and was not impressed at all (first time going there, too).

what tank size you are going to use Phil?

55g.

iamzrad

Members
I was there today -- dry goods were great, but definitely lacking on mbuna

I'll be as constructive as I can; nothing stuck out at all. I was there for about 10mins and no one even bothered to say "hi".
Anyways, back on topic.

I really would like to have a dwarf mbuna setup, love the little guys.

Rasta Fish

Members
Ok Phil so you have a group of Jalo Afra
The Ps. salousi could be a good choice as you will have 2 colors blue males yellow females that would add some color to your tank but i dont know how well they will get along with the Afra...Tony?
also something to think about is adding a group of peacock they do get along and wont see each other as a threat.
I have some of my tanks setup with a group of Mbuna, Peacock and Hap
they get along and also reproduce just fine, but i dont think your going to breed them are you?
The Pearl Mutt are nice also so

iamzrad

Members
Craig, good point about adding a "dither" fish even if it's a peacock. I might just do that, maybe something that doesn't get large, perhaps a Ngara. Haven't had peacocks since I lost my otter point a couple years ago...

I am picking up some of these guys tomorrow night, anyone wanna take a guess?? :D

1888212320_9e2fb3e942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

No clue, but they sure are good-looking!!! I'm eagerly waiting to see what they are! BTW, nice graduation pics - Congratulations to all!

Ruth

Craig, good point about adding a "dither" fish even if it's a peacock. I might just do that, maybe something that doesn't get large, perhaps a Ngara. Haven't had peacocks since I lost my otter point a couple years ago...

I am picking up some of these guys tomorrow night, anyone wanna take a guess?? :D

1888212320_9e2fb3e942.jpg

Wblaze

Members
OK , it is Mara Rocks, just the Pseudotropheus Elongatus Usisya and not the Cynotilapia. Did you get them from CrabbyMatty on the ECC Board?