• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Who's bringing what?

fischfan13

Banned
I am also bringing in some unidentified mbuna.

Ok, so because I stand up there and try to get people a decent coin for what they are bringing I must ask this...
Why are they unidentified?
Just a personal preference but I want to be able to identify everything that I have in my tank.
Have you thought about bringing the fish back to the store you purchased them from? Ask for credit?

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Agree with the Big Guy

If it's unidentified (excluding species as yet "undescribed" by science), I think it should only be sold if it's a donation to CCA (I feel the same way about anything that anyone named Matt brings to auction). Should discourage such practice (as well as the insidious invasion of illicit infiltrating chanchitos, not to mention orange lasers of which I already have 18).

Unidentified Mbuna...sheesh. What's next? Anonymous Apistos? Nameless Nannacaras? Clandestine Corydoras? or perhaps simply "unspecified fish". Rumor has it that our VP has a used (barely) goat of unspecified provenance - can it go in the auction?

Wblaze

Members
I would bid on the goat?

But if you do not know what the mbuna is, why would you buy it? Take them to ecto and tell them you got it from the mixed African tank. They will give you store credit

fischfan13

Banned
I'm down for a bidding war on the goat.....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

I'm down to auction one off...
031011_1665.jpg

img3795_medium.jpg

201237.png

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Two wrongs make...

I would bid on the goat?

But if you do not know what the mbuna is, why would you buy it? Take them to ecto and tell them you got it from the mixed African tank. They will give you store credit

A predilection for goats is no one's business but one's own, but where I come from the latter would be "lying" and "stealing" at the same time - hardly the behavior or role-modeling we associate with super-heroes.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
BAAAAAAHH humbug

I'm down to auction one off...
031011_1665.jpg

That guy in the photo (the one stalking the goat) looks just like a certain local boy of Japanese/Latin extraction I saw at last month's meeting, and all the ones before that as well...