• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Which angel should I get?

Acara19

CCA Members
I have access to red back manacapuru and rio nanay scalares, which should I get a pair of?
not the exact fish but here's the manas for reference
1580189958626.png
same deal, not exact fish but here's the rio nanay angels for reference
1580190247139.png
not my pictures, credit goes to the owners of the fish/photographers

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I have always thought that the manacapuru angels were beautiful. I have also heard that they are pretty aggressive for angels.

xny89

Administrator
Staff member
I think the red back manacapuru are pretty unusual, and would go with those.

decoy50

Members
Red backs are harder to come by, but be careful as there are two types from Manacapuru - one expresses the red back & one does not. I was told the color difference comes from river fish vs lake fish, but don't know how true that is. Also the color of the fish in both of those pics looks highly doctored - the nanays in particular. I've kept them before & while they do express a blue sheen when they get fully acclimated & comfortable(took mine 6mos before it really started to show) it is FAR more subdued than the blue on those angels

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I think you should go with the Manacapuru angels as they are not readily availabile as compared to the Rio nanay. I also think you should share the source, as I would also be interested in the Manacapuru angels.