• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What's happening at Aquafest

dogofwar

CCA Members
Big props to Rachel for her great presentation at Aquafest today! She kept a packed room of folks entertained and enlightened!

The other speakers have also been superb, although I missed Rhonda's plant one this AM. Gary Lange's Rainbow presentation last night was great and the folks who attended had the exclusive opportunity to get egg kits of some of the fish that he collected. Too bad if you weren't there!

The guy from Seagrest was also good and it's fun to hang with fish folks. Headed back early tonight but see everyone tomorrow at the auction!

I can't imagine missing the caliber of speakers that Aquafest brought us...or the hospitality and buying spree on 3 last night...all for $20? Awesome!

Matt

dogofwar

CCA Members
Free beer all night in the CCA-sponsored Hospitality Suite :D

Seriously folks, there were smoking deals on awesome fish, plants, equipment all over the third floor last night.

Other than those with schedule conflicts, it baffles me why anyone into fish in our area didn't support the three clubs in the area and spend the $20 to register for Aquafest!

What better deal are you EVER going to get. People who attended the Rainbowfish talk got 50+ eggs of amazing, only-available-from-the-dude-who-collected-them-from-a-mudhole-on-the-other-side-of-the-earth fish that we will never, ever see again for less the price of one, farmed inbred rainbow from Petsmart. There were like a dozen bags like that at his talk.

Matt

What were the most noteworthy deals you saw in the Spree on Three? Whether you purchased it or not?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
Wow, I just got all of my entries listed in MyGroupAuctions for tomorrow.....looks like a fantastic list! 611 entries and people are still adding them even as I type this! It's gonna be a great auction!

Yeah I added about fifteen bags around the same time as Chris....there better be a lot more day trippers just for tomorrow compared to those that came today or this auction might be ugly. It looks like there were quite a few mistakes so right now its about 500 items in auction but an additional 120 or so in the Tag Sale.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Congratulations to new owners of rare/giant Corydoras specie

The robustus and super arcuatus went to fine homes. Long may they swim...

dogofwar

CCA Members
Who made the auction today? Seemed like fewer buyers...but LOTS of deals to be had...and lots of really solid quality fish, plants and supplies for sale.

Aquafest is a production of all three area clubs (PVAS, CCA and GWAPA). Thanks to everyone who helped out today. If you're at one of these type events and want to help out, just jump into the action and run a couple of bags in the auction...or help sellers get their auction items out on the tables (the African cichlids go on the table labeled "African Cichlids" :))... or help record data. As evidenced by yours truly, you can help...and still buy stuff!

So what did you get?

I got a couple of bags of goodeids
Some Placidochromis chrysonotus
Over 100 breather bags for less than 1/2 of retail (they'll get good use in and on the way back from Uruguay in Feb ;))
A gorgeous pair of Keyhole cichlids
...and (for Siena, of course), a jumbo and seemingly quite sociable Pink Kissing Gourami!

What did you get? Plants don't count...

Matt

JasonC

Members
What did you get? Plants don't count...

What's with the green thing hate? Only fish that I got was a gorgeous crown tail betta.. but its for my mother, so I guess I didn't get myself anything... except for a bunch of plants. As far as fish the only ones I was *really* interested in was the Apistogramma sp. "Purple"... not sure why, but nothing else was floating my boat today. *shrug*

JasonC

Members
Speaking of auction... was looking at sellers report for the tag sale... did Aquafest really take a 50% cut of all sales?!?! thought it was supposed to be 25%? (though oddly the website says 25% for PVAS members, and 30% for non PVAS members.. why not all 3 clubs?)

Leffler817

CCA Members
I too took a look at my seller's report and saw the same thing!?! I also saw that two items I sold were missing. I hope they figure it out before sending out the checks, because one of the two went for a decent amount.

Speaking of auction... was looking at sellers report for the tag sale... did Aquafest really take a 50% cut of all sales?!?! thought it was supposed to be 25%? (though oddly the website says 25% for PVAS members, and 30% for non PVAS members.. why not all 3 clubs?)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

verbal

CCA Members

Not sure about the 30% vs 25%, but the 50% you are currently seeing should be corrected. I will let Sherry and Jeff Greenspan know.