• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What Did You Get at the Catfish Convention?

chriscoli

Administrator
I brought home about a styro and a half of fish....lots of great stuff. I spent a nice bit of cash with both Swiss Tropicals and South Central Cichlids stocking up on some essentials. After listening to all of the various (sometimes contradictory) advice on feeding plecos as well as talking to several people about optimizing the conditions for raising plecos (mostly Ancistrus), I've been thinking about rearranging a few of my tanks. Hmmmm....I have more planning to do.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Funny you should mention various and sometimes contradictory advice. I've been thinking of taking my notes from talks given by various Corydoras experts over the last year (Matt Schauer at CCA, November 2015; Ian Fuller at CCA, October 2016, and Eric Bodrock and Hans-Georg Evers, both at CatfishCon last weekend) and trying to synthesize it, but at many points the advice was not completely consistent. E.g., tap water (Schauer) vs. RO (Fuller and Bodrock) vs. rainwater (Evers); microworms vs. banana worms. Add my notes from Arthur Keller's talk at CCA in 2013, and I get even more contradictions!

I'm not being critical. All of the talks were great, and gave me me interesting ideas to try, but, like you, I think I need to do quite a bit of planning as to how I manage my tanks, which is something I don't usually do.

killiedave57

CCA Members
Name escapes me but the fellow in the front that was bidding on 'everything' is a PVAS member.... He has told me he has loads of
grandkids that he has set up aquariums for and he supplies their tanks???
david

killiedave57

CCA Members
Matt
How about sending down a bag of c123's to theJames River Auction......
I will make sure they go high.... in fact I will bid them to make sure....
hey! you owe me anyhow right????????

david

Reed

Very Fishe
Pick up a pair of F1 Buffalo head - Steatocranius casualties. Just a little bit different for the Very Fishe Room

Frank Cowherd

Global Moderators
Staff member
I got a great bunch of green cryptocorynes. Sold a few fish. Bought a bunch of raffle tickets but no luck that day. There were some great door prizes at the banquet. I did not get any but my brother Bob won a great book on catfish. He said I could look at it.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Matt
How about sending down a bag of c123's to theJames River Auction......
I will make sure they go high.... in fact I will bid them to make sure....
hey! you owe me anyhow right????????

david
David,

I don't really have any more C123s to sell, unfortunately. But I'm hoping to attend and to bring some interesting things.

Matt