• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did you get at BFD 6?

FishEggs

I picked up a trio of Synodontis waterloti and saddle back loaches from the Batfish. Unfortunately 2 of the loaches so far are no longer with us.
i got maxijet 600 and heater from Leffler.
Got a group of CW016 corydoras teniente from Don Kinyon via the rare fish auction.
Some plants from Nick and Jen's table.
A nice cO2 regulator from the GWAPA table.
Got an awesome piece of wood from Aquacarium.
A music stand from Lane Kelley although he wants it back.

But best of all i got to have a great weekend at an awesome event with some wonderfully awesome old and new friends.

FishEggs

I picked up a trio of Synodontis waterloti and saddle back loaches from the Batfish. Unfortunately 2 of the loaches so far are no longer with us.
i got maxijet 600 and heater from Leffler.
Got a group of CW016 corydoras teniente from Don Kinyon via the rare fish auction.
Some plants from Nick and Jen's table.
A nice cO2 regulator from the GWAPA table.
Got an awesome piece of wood from Aquacarium.
A music stand from Lane Kelley although he wants it back.

But best of all i got to have a great weekend at an awesome event with some wonderfully awesome old and new friends.

I forgot to list a trio of Congo Cut-throats (Thoracochromis demeusii) from Mr. Haas.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I got:

4" Crenicichla sp. 'Atabapo II' from Jeff Rapps (my first pike!)
2" L190 Panaque nigrolineatus from Batfish (it was too freaking adorable to pass up)

Happy to report that both are eating a pooping in their isolation box on the quarantine tank, so things are looking good!

Thanks to all of the great vendors that were there at the BFD. I know it takes a lot of effort and stress to set up/break down those displays, but browsing those displays is honestly one of my favorite parts of the BFD.

Last edited:

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
Shoot!! I forgot that I also picked up beautiful male Protomelas sp. Hertae in a trade with lkelly lkelly . Thanks again Lane! He is loving his new 125 gal. setup

olzkool

Members
I got:

4" Crenicichla sp. 'Atabapo II' from Jeff Rapps (my first pike!)
2" L190 Panaque nigrolineatus from Batfish (it was too freaking adorable to pass up)

Happy to report that both are eating a pooping in their isolation box on the quarantine tank, so things are looking good!

Thanks to all of the great vendors that were there at the BFD. I know it takes a lot of effort and stress to set up/break down those displays, but browsing those displays is honestly one of my favorite parts of the BFD.

I must have stared in that tank he had marked L190 for 5 minutes looking for that fish. You must have beat me to it lol

olzkool

Members
I should have bought that 200 he had too. I planned on going back but after the 30th lap around that place with my daughter I was exhausted and forgot. When she started asking for a stuffed animal I knew it was time to go.

IndianaSam

CCA Members
Man, all these posts about what people bought is making me seriously jealous. I bought my tickets and planned to attend (I live just a few miles away in Rockville), but was laid up all weekend with bronchitis!

So if we could just shut down this thread, I think it would help with my recovery;);)

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Got a great deal on a group of Corydoras gracilis from Josh at Batfish (with conditions) and got to see a lot of old friends that I see far to seldomly!

Darn it, Don. C. gracilis is one of my favorites.Why do you taunt me so?!

Blaise

Carolineep

CCA Members
ED998528-5155-4BF4-B6B8-CD71D174065A.jpeg I had a great time talking with folks.
Let’s see I raided the bat fish booth for cherry shrimp and serape tetras. I wanted to get the orange lobsters squeeee man they are cute. I also got a lovely pair of tummy nose guppies .
A trio of franks beautiful guppies
And a pair of peppermint Plecos
I couldn’t get close to the gwapa table it was packed
I also got a neat piece of funky wood from super cichlids and some food for Plecos,
Picture is Franks tank.

rsanz

monster tank newbie
I must have stared in that tank he had marked L190 for 5 minutes looking for that fish. You must have beat me to it lol
I think there were 2 L190s, but the other one was in the next tank over! I mean, as soon as I saw him my heart skipped a beat. I had to have him. :D