• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What did you get at BFD 6?

CichlidDan

Members
What did everyone get at the BFD, I was unable to attend this year but picked up some great fish and poster on Friday evening from Lane Kelly.

I bought the following males red cap lethrinop, lwanda, bicolor, blue regal, ruby red and red cap lethrinops poster.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
Although I was tight on tank space this year, I still ended up getting some great stuff:

- A pair of gold severums from Jeff Rapps
- A group of heros notatus from Jeff Rapps
- A group of Colombian tetras from Batfish
- 2 pairs of cryptoheros cutteri from Mike's Cichlids
- A group of mchenga conophoros from Dave's Rare Fish

What a great weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Food from Aquacarium (formerly Your Fish Stuff)
green fire tetras from Batfish
Green and gold laser corydoras from Don Kinyon
Finnex Ray 2 led light from Andrew (It's very bright, even suspended above the tank).
A floating plant from Kris at the GWAPA table.

Blaise

I only made it to the market place but I came away with a great haul in my opinion.

8x Corydoras paleatus
6x Bolvian Rams
12x Aphyocharax rathbuni
8x Serpae Tetra

Bunch of low light plants (that I know little about since this is the first real plants I've ever had)

And a sweet piece of driftwood for only $15! Now to get it to sink!!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Praecox rainbows, columbian tetras, and a snowball pleco from Josh
Tropheus duboisi from Mike's Cichlids
6 Chindongo sp. "Elongatus Mphanga" Mphanga Rocks from the auction via Dave
Heaters from Super Cichlids

Didn't have room for a lot or I'm sure I'd have picked up more, but really excited about what I did bring home.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Green lasers from Mr.Kinyon ( finzz finzz ), a melon sword plant and some Ludwigia x locustris from the GWAPA guys, and a little bit of giant willow moss from Jen Williams's table. I also bought an Alita air pump from the nice folks at Aquacarium. My fish room is now a lot quieter.

Becca

Members
Loved seeing jonclark96 jonclark96 light up over the Colombian tetras at the bat-booth :)!

I got some undescribed micro-rasboras from the rare fish auction, hubby got a nice deal from Jeff Rapps on a group of "Chocolate Raphael" catfish, and I also managed to snag a group of Copella nigrofasciata (I seriously tried to talk folks into buying these so I couldn't).

On top of the black pintos from the BuyPetShrimp group-buy, I swapped some shrimp with Jen and Nick to bring some new blood into my blue diamond colony and see if I can start up a group of orange neos,

I also want to give a big THANK YOU to Super Cichlids for making Isaac's day with an orange-haired mermaid doll. He's named her Ariel and has not let go of her since I brought her home.

CSnyder00

Bearded Wonder
I got:
- a cave from Mr. Leffler
- 2 pieces of spiderwood from Aquacarium
- a dump truck load of snails from a forum member (Wobblebonk) (awesome, btw)
- my free BFD t-shirt
- lots of memories working the registration desk with Christine, Reed, Bruce, Matt, Caroline, and the rest of the BFD crew.

Great job on the event this year!

olzkool

Members
I focused on plecos this time around. Got a preorder from Jeff, then got 2 at the auction, then let my daughter buy what she wanted on Sunday at the market place

Jeff Rapps:
L137
L397
L134
L128
L075
All were phenomenal examples. Also ordered an L200 but unfortunately he didn't make it.

Auction:
Rhino (jeff donation) and Orange seam (sea crest donation) plecos

My daughter at the Marketplace:

One of Craigs world renown Dragonbloods
A Maleri and albino Ngara from Pat
An XL Chewere from Reed
6 of the cutest baby synos ever from Frank. These little petri's were maybe an inch
3 super red bn babies from someone I have never met. I can't remember his name for the life of me but he was great with my daughter. She loved the super small babies so he even gave here a couple of those. Really made her day. Thanks to whomever you are!

This was the first year I didn't have tables since pulling back to a smaller part time hobby for me and my daughter. Because of that it was the first time I was able to bring her. I had plenty of time to talk to old friends and actually enjoy it. She must have walked me around that room 20 times. I've never seen her so happy and excited. She woke me up first thing this morning to go check on her new fish. (she just turned 6) I have to say it was the best time I've had yet at the marketplace. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Wet Sleeves

CCA Members
Staff member
I won an awesome BFD 6 sweatshirt in the raffle, got my tee shirt on Friday, bought some mosses from Aquacarium for my new shrimp tank setup. I also picked up some more food from Super Cichlids. I had a blast this year and it was evident to me how much time and effort truly went into this event. Thank you to everyone who worked their butts off to make this such a success.

Becca

Members
I focused on plecos this time around. Got a preorder from Jeff, then got 2 at the auction, then let my daughter buy what she wanted on Sunday at the market place

Jeff Rapps:
L137
L397
L134
L128
L075
All were phenomenal examples. Also ordered an L200 but unfortunately he didn't make it.

Auction:
Rhino (jeff donation) and Orange seam (sea crest donation) plecos

My daughter at the Marketplace:

One of Craigs world renown Dragonbloods
A Maleri and albino Ngara from Pat
An XL Chewere from Reed
6 of the cutest baby synos ever from Frank. These little petri's were maybe an inch
3 super red bn babies from someone I have never met. I can't remember his name for the life of me but he was great with my daughter. She loved the super small babies so he even gave here a couple of those. Really made her day. Thanks to whomever you are!

This was the first year I didn't have tables since pulling back to a smaller part time hobby for me and my daughter. Because of that it was the first time I was able to bring her. I had plenty of time to talk to old friends and actually enjoy it. She must have walked me around that room 20 times. I've never seen her so happy and excited. She woke me up first thing this morning to go check on her new fish. (she just turned 6) I have to say it was the best time I've had yet at the marketplace. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Psssst... I know where you can get some L174s :p