• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you bringing for the May mini-auction?

iamzrad

Members
Money and myself, of course!

*I have a 6.5" moorii dolphin, full grown matured female that I will put in the auction.
If anyone is interested in her, shoot me a p/m.

maddog10

Members
I think I will bring a GIANT piece of Malaysian driftwood and probably an AC 70 or 110 filter, brand new of course!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Debating whether or not bring a Super Red Empress Alpha Male for the Auction and maybe a nice size 3" Aulonocara Red Ruby Peacock, which is a descendant of the A.S. Maleri from that side of the lake.

Also a female
Otopharynx Lithobates ( Yellow Blaze) and couple of other surprises...

Richard

Subby.png

mchambers

Former CCA member
Can someone explain

the mechanics of the meeting and mini-auction to me? A neighbor, knowing that I needed some aquarium equipment, recommended that I attend Saturday's meeting, and I'd like to attend (if I can squeeze in time between ferrying my kids to various events).

Are all transactions part of the mini-auction? Or are there other transactions going on outside of the auction?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Can someone explain the mechanics of the meeting and auction?

Pardon the newbie question, but a neighbor recommended the mini auction to me, as a chance to buy additional aquarium equipment at a reasonable price.

Are all transactions at Saturday's meeting conducted through the mini auction or is the mini auction just part of the opportunity to buy and sell equipment, fish, etc.?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Both - some people make arrangements to buy and sell fish, equipment, etc. directly (and use the monthly meeting as a link-up opportunity)...and each meeting has an auction, where people buy and sell stuff (through the auction).

Matt

Pardon the newbie question, but a neighbor recommended the mini auction to me, as a chance to buy additional aquarium equipment at a reasonable price.

Are all transactions at Saturday's meeting conducted through the mini auction or is the mini auction just part of the opportunity to buy and sell equipment, fish, etc.?

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
the mechanics of the meeting and mini-auction to me? A neighbor, knowing that I needed some aquarium equipment, recommended that I attend Saturday's meeting, and I'd like to attend (if I can squeeze in time between ferrying my kids to various events).

Are all transactions part of the mini-auction? Or are there other transactions going on outside of the auction?

There are several thing here.
The meeting is the monthly get together of the club members where we discuss our mutual love. No not cars, fish. lol.
Most meetings start with the Prez giving some basic information about the happenings of the club. We do not spend a lot of time on club business. Then the speaker is introduced. Most months we try to have an informative and fun speaker talking about some aspect of the hobby. From specific fish, to collecting trips, or fish disease or taking pictures of your fish.
After this portion which is around 1 to 1 1/2 hours we take a break to look and talk.
Then we pull numbers for the raffle followed by the mini auction. The mini auction is just like an all day fish auction except a lot smaller.
A few years back it was like 2 or 3 bags. Now days it is closer to 100 to 150 items each month.
There are people that sell things on their own but they usually make the arangements to bring the items in advance on the forum.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Only if that worthless Prez bothers to write it down.
:wacko:
Its on this months list. If he remembers to bring it.

toddnbecka

Members
I'm bringing money and children. If I run out of money i'll auction the kids off...:angel2:
If you're really smart you'll promise them a treat if they're such a pain for the buyer that you get paid to take them back as well...:lol:
I'm thinking probably a bag of Endler's and a cup of duckweed.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Thanks very much

There are several thing here.
The meeting is the monthly get together of the club members where we discuss our mutual love. No not cars, fish. lol.
Most meetings start with the Prez giving some basic information about the happenings of the club. We do not spend a lot of time on club business. Then the speaker is introduced. Most months we try to have an informative and fun speaker talking about some aspect of the hobby. From specific fish, to collecting trips, or fish disease or taking pictures of your fish.
After this portion which is around 1 to 1 1/2 hours we take a break to look and talk.
Then we pull numbers for the raffle followed by the mini auction. The mini auction is just like an all day fish auction except a lot smaller.
A few years back it was like 2 or 3 bags. Now days it is closer to 100 to 150 items each month.
There are people that sell things on their own but they usually make the arangements to bring the items in advance on the forum.
Thanks for the very good explanation. Sounds very nice. If I don't make it tomorrow, I certainly will come to a later one.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You are welcome.

Tomorrow should be the biggest turn out of the year based on the speaker.

At least I hope we beat the record. Maddog is getting hard to put up with. lol

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Tomorrow the membership chairperson should be sitting to your right as you walk in the door.

Green with envy? lol

maddog10

Members
You are welcome.

Tomorrow should be the biggest turn out of the year based on the speaker.

At least I hope we beat the record. Maddog is getting hard to put up with. lol

Don't let me be a bigger draw than Ad. I won't be able to live with myself, let alone all the grief you guys will have to put up with! :p

Lively

Members
If you're really smart you'll promise them a treat if they're such a pain for the buyer that you get paid to take them back as well...:lol:
I'm thinking probably a bag of Endler's and a cup of duckweed.

Haha! I'd say they can cause trouble enough for at least a bag of Val and BN Pleco... :eek:

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Don't let me be a bigger draw than Ad. I won't be able to live with myself, let alone all the grief you guys will have to put up with! :p

Hell, I wasn't coming but now I have to. Heaven forbid Mike had to enlarge the doors in his house to get his head through AGAIN.:lol::lol::D

George

maddog10

Members
Hell, I wasn't coming but now I have to. Heaven forbid Mike had to enlarge the doors in his house to get his head through AGAIN.:lol::lol::D

George

I do whatever it takes to get people to the meeting, even if it means acting like I have an ego. I think I need an entourage! :lol: