• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you bringing for auction in November?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Amen, brother.

People need to properly label stuff, wild-type or hybrid!

And if you don't know, label it as such...

:angel2:

Matt

Yes. This is a serious issue. It is immoral and bad for the hobby and should not be tolerated. Other fish clubs that I have seen will ban members from future auctions if they repeatedly bring bags not appropriately marked as hybrids.

If you have fish breeding in a mixed tank, you need to be certain that fish of the same species are the ones breeding. While the appearance of the fry is not always a 100% indicator, I have seen a couple of lots of pretty obvious hybrids in the auction lately. If the female spits fry that are the wrong color/melanin pattern/body shape/are OB (and shouldn't be), they are hybrids. Pretty simple.

If in doubt, mark them as hybrids. All is not lost and your fish will breed again, I promise.

You can still bring them to auction and folks will most likely still purchase them, but they need to be marked properly.

/rant. :)

RIFT_LAKES_RULE

Member of the Darkside Tang's Rule!
That's an extremely generous donation Jordan, if I remember correctly you paid $9 ea for 1" fish from RSC plus shipping. I'm not the best at math but if you donate 15 of the original group that's a good bit of money, not counting the fry/juvies.

I'm now going on record as stating that I will quit raggin' ya for not joining the club yet... ;)

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
I'm bummed that I can't come to the November meeting. I'll be spending my weekend doing live-in group counseling (Friday to Saturday) with middle school aged girls. Wish me luck! And I hope everyone enjoys the meeting!!!

Leffler817

CCA Members
Being a middle school teacher, I am saying a prayer for you! I'm sure you'll be great.
Tell them to stay away from boys!!! :D

I'm bummed that I can't come to the November meeting. I'll be spending my weekend doing live-in group counseling (Friday to Saturday) with middle school aged girls. Wish me luck! And I hope everyone enjoys the meeting!!!

mscichlid

Founder
Cleaning out the fishroom. . . bringing:
1 diatom filter w/ opened box of dirt
1 Natural plant C02 system w/ extra bubble counter/diffuser
3 air pumps-2 Elite 802, 1 Rena Air 400
1 bag Eco Complete
bag of driftwood pieces
1 driftwood arrangement attached to slate
1 20" light
1 20 gal long light
1 40 breeder w/top (drilled but hole covered)
Gwapa Clafornia rock (60lbs therabouts)
3 styros
1 4' glass top for 55 gal without center brace (no plastic strip) (All-glass)
4 20 gal long glass tops

That's all for now.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I will probably bring some juvenile peacocks and either a full color adult male Placidochromis sp. "electra" blue or a trio.... need to see how many females I have.