• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

What are you bringing for auction in November?

mscichlid

Founder
It's that time! Search your fishroom for that extra stuff. Check out your tanks for those fish you want to share. Remember this is the last formal meeting of the year. Make this mini-auction exciting. All donations are welcome.

If you are bringing stuff to the meeting to sell, post it in the Marketplace.

Oh, btw, if you are bringing hybrids to auction, mark them as such.

minifoot77

Members
f1 p. typus, s. petricola, dark marble angels, l. brevis, j. transcriptus bemba, and any thing else i can net on my way out in the morning :)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Oh, btw, if you are bringing hybrids to auction, mark them as such.

Yes. This is a serious issue. It is immoral and bad for the hobby and should not be tolerated. Other fish clubs that I have seen will ban members from future auctions if they repeatedly bring bags not appropriately marked as hybrids.

If you have fish breeding in a mixed tank, you need to be certain that fish of the same species are the ones breeding. While the appearance of the fry is not always a 100% indicator, I have seen a couple of lots of pretty obvious hybrids in the auction lately. If the female spits fry that are the wrong color/melanin pattern/body shape/are OB (and shouldn't be), they are hybrids. Pretty simple.

If in doubt, mark them as hybrids. All is not lost and your fish will breed again, I promise.

You can still bring them to auction and folks will most likely still purchase them, but they need to be marked properly.

/rant. :)

mscichlid

Founder
Occassionally guest and those new to the hobby do not realize that they have hybrids. The reminder just gives the new folks a heads-up in case their fish are found to be so.. Others should know better. Anyway, mark the bag.

(Please do not discuss the 'hybrid issue' any further in this thread.) :)

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Occassionally guest and those new to the hobby do not realize that they have hybrids. The reminder just gives the new folks a heads-up in case their fish are found to be so.. Others should know better. Anyway, mark the bag.

(Please do not discuss the 'hybrid issue' any further in this thread.) :)
OR THE PRESIDENT WILL HAVE YOU WATERBOARDED :D
and i approve this message
(forged)signed francine
cca founder

TheNewGuy

Members
donations

Since this is the last auction of the year I need to donate some fish before moving. Ive been in the pan handle of WV for a year and our construction job ends with the year. So in March I bought a group of Tropheops Elongatus 'Boadzulu' from Reserve Stock and they have spawned like crazy. Im gonna keep a small group to take home and donate the rest. I cant make the meeting but Mike Gray will be bringing them.
I have*
aprox. 15 original about 3 to 3.5 inches
and aprox. 20 from 1 to1.5 inches
P.S. send a pm with any questions and I wasnt sure if holding females were aloud so if not Mike said he would strip the females and give the fry to Franny for Pike snacks

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Since this is the last auction of the year I need to donate some fish before moving. Ive been in the pan handle of WV for a year and our construction job ends with the year. So in March I bought a group of Tropheops Elongatus 'Boadzulu' from Reserve Stock and they have spawned like crazy. Im gonna keep a small group to take home and donate the rest. I cant make the meeting but Mike Gray will be bringing them.
I have*
aprox. 15 original about 3 to 3.5 inches
and aprox. 20 from 1 to1.5 inches
P.S. send a pm with any questions and I wasnt sure if holding females were aloud so if not Mike said he would strip the females and give the fry to Franny for Pike snacks

Sorry to hear you're leaving us, Jordan. Going back down south?