• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

VA Aquarium Store Auction

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I ended up with a couple of small things, so will be stopping by (without my dad's truck... mine is snowed in and needs a new alternator).

Anyway, did anyone go for one of those racks? Now that I don't have to be running back and forth from work in Bladensburg down to Annandale, back up to Gaithersburg, etc, I can help load up/break down for a bit if anyone took the leap, lol.

Cartel

Members
I don't feel so bad now because the stand went for higher then I planned. I can buy a new one at a LFS for 30 more bucks.

chris_todd

Members
I got called into an impromptu meeting 15 minutes before the bidding closed, and never got a chance to bid. Did anyone here win anything?

bertolli

Members
I won 3 strip lights for 38.00 which is a steal and a 10g tank for 6 bucks.
Pissed i didnt get the items i really wanted like the 75g built in overflow with stand and the books...
If anyone needs help loading/breaking down, i could even store some stuff for anyone for a bit...
I'll be there around noon tomorrow.

Tony

I got called into an impromptu meeting 15 minutes before the bidding closed, and never got a chance to bid. Did anyone here win anything?

I ended up with a couple of canopies and a couple of undrilled 10s.

chris_todd

Members
The rack of 112 ten gallon tanks received no bids at all. I've emailed Rasmus to ask them what will happen to them. I'd love to pick up a dozen or two of them, but it would have been nearly impossible for me to handle all 112.

Someone (bidder 21953) got an incredible deal on lot 11163 - 23 ten gallon tanks for a penny a piece. And if anyone here is bidder number 29904, PM me, as I'd be interested in a few of the acrylic divided tanks you won.

YSS

Members
Sorry, I got the books. :D

I also got

11131.jpg

and

11092.jpg

I was also bidding for

11093.jpg

but it went over $200 more than my bid. All in all not bad. Very happy with the books. :)

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'd be down for some drilled 10's or other stuff if they want to piece stuff out...

I wonder if they'll actually sell that rack for 1 cent per tank!

Matt

Tony

I'd be down for some drilled 10's or other stuff if they want to piece stuff out...

I wonder if they'll actually sell that rack for 1 cent per tank!

Matt

I'm going to try to get down there a bit early and see if I can haggle with anyone.

bertolli

Members
Sorry, I got the books. :D

but it went over $200 more than my bid. All in all not bad. Very happy with the books. :)
GEEZ WAY TO RUB SALT IN MY WOUNDS! :lol:

Tony if you happen to strike some sort of deal on those tanks my house is literally less than 5 miles from wally's and I will be happy to help break em down and store as many as possible in my basement.
I'll be in school until noon but if you want to give me a call should you be able to work something out pm me for my phone #

Tony

Welp, stopped by there and the two guys working there were both auction house guys. I offered to take some of the 10 gallons off their hands for a bit of cash and they wouldn't go for it. They tried calling the boss, but no dice.

I sort of wish that we would have gone in on those tanks... would have been nice to grab them for shows or to split them up (but there's the whole storage issue, I guess). They did not seem to care particularly about the leftover trash....but then again, they're just ther eto collect money and make sure folks don't take extra stuff. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

mrkillie

Members
Welp, stopped by there and the two guys working there were both auction house guys. I offered to take some of the 10 gallons off their hands for a bit of cash and they wouldn't go for it. They tried calling the boss, but no dice.

I sort of wish that we would have gone in on those tanks... would have been nice to grab them for shows or to split them up (but there's the whole storage issue, I guess). They did not seem to care particularly about the leftover trash....but then again, they're just ther eto collect money and make sure folks don't take extra stuff. Oh well. Lesson learned.

You might want to swing by later on, maybe after today or even on the weekend and check the trash!

Tony

I don't think they're doing anything until the beginning of the week. I have a call into the property manager and will check back on Monday. If I can work out a deal on the big rack, I'll post up the details here. I'll definitely need some help.

How many 10 gallons could the club use for shows, etc? They're all drilled, but include bulkheads that could be easily capped.