• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Trade me one discus?

F8LBITE

Members
Hey I have a Stendker Marlboro red Discus at 4.5 inches and id like to trade for another color or leopard or snake skin. Let me know.

fishSEPT10025-1.jpg

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I know that people who work with Discus regularly can only make a best guess, just thought I'd ask. I have a male I wouldn't mind finding a female for, but my guess is yours may be a male too. From the bold color and length of pelvic fins I can only assume. Next time I cross the river I'll have to stop thorugh if possible. Its a Hans discus, so anyone willing to trade gets a nice specimen.

F8LBITE

Members
Yeah its definitely nice, its just that I have another one exactly like it who is the dominant fish in the tank and picks on this guy all the time.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Yeah, they're more likely to pick on someone who looks similar because they're seen as competition. Probably male-male fighting then. Worse comes to worse you could bring him to aquafest and either show him and talk to people who comment on him, or enter him in the auction. There were some nice discus at the catfish convention last year that brought pretty high bids. Hopefully someone will take you up on the offer. Jamieishard is the last person I know who was looking for discus...