• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

So Who's Going To The Aca

cyradis4

Members
As dad HATES HATES HATES flying (I like it, personally) we will very likely be driving up and back. He drove down to Florida and then back again TWICE non-stop. He did the same to South Carolina a couple of times. This time, I'll be able to help with the driving, so he won't be so trashed afterwards. So we will have to see.

But I think he is going to make our room reservations today!!!!!

Later!
Amanda.

mscichlid

Founder
I hate flying, too. But it out weighs driving for 11-12 hours. With driving, the trek down is fun because of the excitement. Coming back is not so fun...it takes a long time and you have to get your mind frame back into the 'real world' mode. Which in itself is depressing.

Parking is $9 a day, too.

By the way...gas prices are getting higher now and will supercede our imagination's capacity after Memorial Day.

mscichlid

Founder
Make sure everyone packs one CCA embroidered polo shirt. We want to represent! If you don't have one, get one. See Pat.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I'm better now. Whew. That was close.... The cork almost blew out of the bottle for no reason. I'm much better I think.

LOl :jumping0045: </span>

animicrazy

Members
<span style="color:#FF0000">gonna kick some Serious DIS KISS ASS :FIREdevil:

OK, so maybe more then one person, oh well, gotta be me!! :smashfreakB:

Paul

AKA "The Mad Scientist" .......................................(not angry) :beamup:

Amanda and I need this vacation.........hope there is enough alcohol in Atlanta !!!!!!!!!!!! :happy0180:

and some hot :jumpy:

mscichlid

Founder
Well alrighty then! Don't forget, the Georgia Aquarium trip is early Thursday morning!

Hot chicks at a fish convention.? Drink a lot of beer. Everybody will be hot!

There's a joke in there somewhere about a three-bagger and fish. I just can't but it together. NO! Don't do post it either! PM me if you just can't help yourself. But don't post it!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Feb 22 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<span style="color:#ff0000">gonna kick some Serious DIS KISS ASS :FIREdevil:

OK, so maybe more then one person, oh well, gotta be me!! :smashfreakB:

Paul

AKA "The Mad Scientist" .......................................(not angry) :beamup:

Amanda and I need this vacation.........hope there is enough alcohol in Atlanta !!!!!!!!!!!! :happy0180:

and some hot :jumpy:[/b]

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mscichlid @ Feb 22 2008, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well alrighty then! Don't forget, the Georgia Aquarium trip is early Thursday morning!

Hot chicks at a fish convention.? Drink a lot of beer. Everybody will be hot!

There's a joke in there somewhere about a three-bagger and fish. I just can't but it together. NO! Don't do post it either! PM me if you just can't help yourself. But don't post it![/b]

Francine - you sizzle w/o beer !!!!!

Sleep is a waste of valuable resources.

TMS

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
You know, I like this years convention site. I think its the first one that I can remember where you can get a log on and password for your account.
Whats that mean to me?

Well I registered for the convention and bought my shirts and banquet tickets one day.

A week or so later I decided to take the side trip to the aquarium.*(more on that later)

Today after posting in another section, I decided to log back in and rent two 10 gallon tanks for the time I am there, incase I find something I like.
Each time, I just logged in and added stuff. Made it easy.

* the Aquarium trip..... Since Tracey and I are going early, I had thought of going there on my own. Figured it would be cheaper and could set our own pace. I changed my mind after seeing some posts on the ACA forum. Seems that its so busy down there in the summer that at times you can not get walk up tickets. You have to purchase for a specific time and date months in advance... At least thats what I read. Several confirmed that. Just a thought.
We now are part of the trip.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
i havent sign up yet... im thinking i going to drive down there with my wife and son. 2 day down and 2 day up.. going to make a road trip.. since i dont think im bring any live fish down or back...

dogofwar

CCA Members
The GA Aquarium is amazing and definitely something that you want to do on your own time (vs. in a big group).

I've never done the behind the scenes tour (been there three times now), so it might make sense to do a regular tour on your own AND a behind the scenes one (with ACA).

If they served beer, I would have stayed in front of the big tank's main viewing area all day (I was there for probably over an hour anyway) :)

animicrazy

Members
get a strap on the leg container - run a tube under your clothing exiting at your neck - drink at will.

P.

Amanda and I are going to try to do everything there is to do - need the vaca - might as well take advantage of it all !!

Driving, arriving Wed. leaving Monday, going to have <span style="font-family:Century Gothic">FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

Paul.

(still want to go to Miami - beaches, babes, Cuban food, fish - oh well, another time)

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Mar 1 2008, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
get a strap on the leg container - run a tube under your clothing exiting at your neck - drink at will.

P.

Amanda and I are going to try to do everything there is to do - need the vaca - might as well take advantage of it all !!

Driving, arriving Wed. leaving Monday, going to have <span style="font-family:Century Gothic">FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

Paul.

(still want to go to Miami - beaches, babes, Cuban food, fish - oh well, another time)[/b]

I'm in Atlanta right now...
I've been invited to a baptism and the weather feels fantastic. I don't think I will have time for the Aquarium visit, but hopefully in July.

Hey Mad Scientist, Miami does sound great!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
So,

That looks like
Tracey and myself,
Mike,
Bobby,
Ron
Francine
Paul and Amanda
and Li.
Oh yeah, and we know Hans and Joanne are going.

Thats 11 for sure.

Couple of possibles.
Marge
Richard.

Looking good. Who else?