• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September Meeting

BevN

Members
This was our first meeting as well and wow..what a club you all have down there. I learned quite a bit from Dick...what a great guy!

The day just got better with the trip to visit Hans fishroom....I was like a kid in a candy store! What a terrific set up and such beautiful fish.

Getting to go on to Han's and Joanne home to chat and eat and chat some more was the icing on the cake!

Thank you Hans and Joanne for such a warm welcome into your fishroom and your home. We had the greatest time. Those pretty fire reds discus even look better in my tank because now their mine! We just dumped them in last night and they are just as happy as can be. They are absolutly stunning!

Thanks again everyone..It was a terrific albeit tiring day.

Bev and Dale Newcomer

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
First of all, thank you Pat, Mike, Tracy, Francine, John, Sarah and everyone involved for a fantastic meeting.

The presentation by Mr. Dick Au was excellent!

I also wanted to thank Joanne and Hans for their hospitality and the opportunity to visit the Discus House.

It was Awesome!!! Unbelievable! I just wanted to move in and live there.

It was a pleasure to see Julie and all of my CCA friends. Wow, there were a lot of people at the meeting and the auction was full of deals.

If you missed it...ya missed one of the best meetings this year.

I can't wait for the Catfish Convention. ;)
download.gif

RM

chemjab

Members
Hi everybody!

This is my first post at CCA.
Let me start by saying the meeting was awesome! I had such a good time and it was great to meet all of you. My name is James Brackley "Chemjab". Julie Christie brought me to the meeting.

Hans I will send the pics to you. Thanks for showing your fish house to us and thanks for the great deal on the Discus. The silver pigeon, blue pigeon and green snake skins are looking good in my tank.

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday.
Sept-CCA-meeting_043_resize.jpg

Sept-CCA-meetingHansDick_001_res-2.jpg

Sept-CCA-talkingatHans_004_resize.jpg

These breeders are awesome.
Sept-CCA-Hansbreedingpairs_002_resi.jpg

Freshly hatched fry!
Sept-CCA-Hansbreedingpairs_011_resi.jpg

These are the Discus I picked up yesterday. :D
newdiscus_014_resize.jpg

newdiscus_017_resize.jpg

From the auction
newdiscus_025_resize.jpg

If anyone want the rest of the pics I will be glad to email them to you.

chemjab

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chemjab @ Sep 14 2008, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If anyone want the rest of the pics I will be glad to email them to you.[/b]

I will email them to you, but it might be better to view them at photobucket and download the ones you want.

go here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v229/chemjab/CCA%20Sept/

If you have any problems with that let me know and I will zip them and send them to you.

Thanks for the great time.

James

-----------------------------------------------
Don't eat natural food..... I used to eat alot of natural food until I heard most people die of natural causes.

Kindness is its own motive.... We are made kind by being kind.

maddog10

Members
Glad you could make it to the meeting James!

Thanks for posting these photos, looks like it was a fun time.
Hans's place is pretty awe inspiring!

marge618

CCA member
Thanks to everyone who made the Sept CCA meeting such a successful event. Great crowd, wonderful speaker, good eats, and a mini-auction that could be called an auction. Then off to Discus-Hans fish house and house party.

Reading all the after comments makes me want to cry "Cheers".

Got 'mts"? I highly recommend The 12 step CCA treatment for 'mts' = Jan, Feb, March, April......

Later,
Marge

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Great Pics Franny! There are some handsome devils in our club.
download.gif

Here is a pic of me running away from my wife to get to Saturday's meeting.
cat.gif

RM

SubMariner

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Here are more pictures from Discus Hans's facility.

Now the pics are not perfect so you can blame my wife Lucy for taking them.

I was busy taking a tour of the Discus house with Hans.

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5187.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5207.jpg

This one is nice;)
IMG_5208.jpg

And finally, I saved the best for last.;)
IMG_5205.jpg

I hope you liked them.

Richard M.

SubMariner

marge618

CCA member
Wonderful pictures Richard! Thanks to Lucy for taking them and you for sharing them :D

We plan to tour Hans fishhouse as a sidetrip during the Catfish Convention next month. What a treat!

Later,
Marge