• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

September meeting of the CCA

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
olimar_labiatus1s.jpg

September 10th. 2pm
**** NEW LOCATION****
KENNEDY HIGH SCHOOL
1901 randolph road silver spring md
Our featured speaker will be Spencer Jack, from Winnipeg, Canada.
Spencer will be talking on all things Gymno.

see bio below.

spencer_photo.jpg

Spencer has been active within the aquaria hobby since the age of five. A true "cichlidiot", he had worked exclusively with cichlids for over twenty years. He has since expanded his horizons to include all types of tropical fish.​

Spencer has been an active hobbyist within Winnipeg for a number of years. Some of his roles within the fish hobbyist community include:
  • Co-founder of the Aquarium Society of Winnipeg (1989)​
  • Founder and President of the Canadian Cichlid Association (2000)​
Spencer now owns and operates a tropical fish wholesale business, The aFISHionados, and is still an avid fishkeeper and breeder.​

Spencer's enthusiasm, humour and dedication towards the aquarium hobby is easily witnessed through his lectures. All of Spencer's lectures are full multimedia presentations using PowerPoint, and almost all of the pictures in use are original pictures taken by Spencer during his years in the hobby and travels across North, South, and Central America.
Spencer is a part of the American Cichlid Association speakers program.​

Last edited:

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Basic directions to the meeting can be found on the left side of the portal under the lable of "directions". LOL Hmm what else would we put it under. LOL

I just finished putting basic directions up that I copied from mapquest.

I will dress the page up more later and will update the directions as we figure out where changes are needed.

dogofwar

CCA Members
The folks at Kennedy HS recommenend using the front parking lot and then taking the main entrance hallway, John F. Kennedy Lane, straight ahead to the cafeteria.

We'll have someone outside to make sure no body gets lots (and put in Saturday School Detention)!

Matt