• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Proposal to Film at October Meeting

McGrubble

Members
Hey all. I'm not sure how to best go about sending this inquiry out to the powers that be. If this is not the proper forum for this to be posted, please let me know. Needless to say, a friend of Dankdabe's and mine is a graduate student at VCU in Richmond. He has chosen to film a short documentary on the aqua hobby and is wondering if it is possible to film/interview at October's meeting. Please let me know what y'all think.

Here is his letter below:

Hello,

I'm a graduate student at the VCU Brandcenter, which is a branding and advertising masters program. One of my assignments is to put together a short documentary about a subculture. I've decided to explore the world of aquarists and was familiar with your organization through several of my buddies who are members. I even came to one of your monthly meetings a few years ago out of sheer curiosity.

What I would love to do is come to a meeting, film the happenings, and maybe interview anyone who was willing to get on camera about their hobby and what it means to them. Would this be ok? It would be shown in class and potentially available on my personal portfolio website, but would not be used for any commercial purpose.

Thanks,
Chane Rennie

Reed

Very Fishe
I think this is a great idea that would give our club some good exposure

Veryfishe.com

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I like the idea of filming the meeting, but we should not film the talk. Speakers often go to many different clubs to present and wouldn't want Pete to lose the opportunity because his talk was available on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
A few BOD members have weighed in and it should be fine as long as people are able to opt out of being filmed if they want, and the speaker is ok with it. If the speaker prefers not to have any of his talk filmed, then your friend will have to not film during the talk. Is there any way the club can see the final product when it's done?

Becca

Members
Reality TV, here we come!!! :p

This is a cool idea - I like that we're officially a sub-culture!

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
Reality TV, here we come!!!

Coming up next, on Real Fishkeepers of Washimore, tensions reach the boiling point as club members spar over the Power versus Sponge Filters are best debate. And a sump gets dumped on someone's head.

Becca

Members
Coming up next, on Real Fishkeepers of Washimore, tensions reach the boiling point as club members spar over the Power versus Sponge Filters are best debate. And a sump gets dumped on someone's head.

Hahahahahaha!!!

Is it possible that tank has had some work done? Sure that Pogostemon erectus looks real, but the plastic implants have come a long way.

McGrubble

Members
Just wanted to post a friendly reminder that my friend will be filming at the meeting tomorrow. If you wish not to be filmed, just PM me or find us at the meeting. We'll be the guys with the camera ;)

Also, I don't think he plans to film the talk - I imagine the filming will be mostly of people with the fish they've brought/purchased, interviews with willing participants about the hobby/lifestyle/obsession (whichever you're willing to admit), the auction, and general panned shots of the meeting itself.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.