• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

post your CENTRAL AMERICAN CICHLIDS here

dogofwar

CCA Members
PM should be on...but it's kinds confusing. You can also email me at mtquinn2006@yahoo.com

They're pretty small right now so you could divide off a portion of another tank...or even have them in a net breeder...for now.

tash

Members
if you haven't turned it on since the switch then it defaults to off. Pat said something about it elsewhere. :)

I have a 10gal quarentine set up. but that won't last them forever. emailing you.....

Danger_chicken, I am gonna really try to make the meeting this month. I jsut haven't had time to make it all the way out there from Stafford Va.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
wow very nice pics of some awesome fish.
here are some of mine with horrible pics after the ones you guys posted:D.
IM NOT THE PHOTOGRAPHER IN THE GROUP SO IM GONNA SIGN UP FOR PHIL'S PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS :D! HERE ARE SOME PICS OF MY OSCARS, SEVERUMS(FEMALE OF PAIR DIED NEW YEARS:mad:)JAGUAR AND FESTAE. THE MIDAS IN THE PICS WAS SOLD LONG AGO TOO. IM GONNA WORK ON GETTING SOME NEW UP TO DATE PICS.
Attached Thumbnails

Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I have in my tank a bocourti, argentea, bifa, red devil, JD, and a jag. Everyone seems to get along except the Red Devil. Should I take him out of the tank?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Probably - red devils can be hyper aggressive.

A community of large, mean central american cichlids is always a balancing act! And crowding them like Africans doesn't usually work...

I have in my tank a bocourti, argentea, bifa, red devil, JD, and a jag. Everyone seems to get along except the Red Devil. Should I take him out of the tank?

I sold the red devil, I really wanted to keep it, it was such a nice looking fish. Now that the Red Devil is gone all the other fish are so much happier and are now out of the witness protection program.:D

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
you gotta love a mean bad *** predator built for stealth and speed and will still swim to the top to be hand fed. :p

JAG VILLE.jpg

Lively

Members
Happy to post pics of my Dempsey's - I need more tanks to get fish like the ones ya'll are showing off! Can't put anything in with my guys :-(

Father and Son Pic - before my pair started breeding like rabbits. Both are sporting breeding colors - That is the true color I didn't muck with that - I just turned the background b&w
JJ7.jpg

My female, also sporting her breeding colors
DSC_1322.jpg

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Happy to post pics of my Dempsey's - I need more tanks to get fish like the ones ya'll are showing off! Can't put anything in with my guys :-(

Father and Son Pic - before my pair started breeding like rabbits. Both are sporting breeding colors - That is the true color I didn't muck with that - I just turned the background b&w
JJ7.jpg

My female, also sporting her breeding colors
DSC_1322.jpg
wow! brilliant and vibrant colors! well done.;)

Lively

Members
Breeding colors are awesome with these guys, I get to see it about every four weeks. Not so pretty right now - spawn hatched this afternoon :)