• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

October Meeting

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
1.) Awesome meeting!

2.) Bobby, incredible picture of that thing that Bob found. I did get a chance to see it up close by the way.

3.) Li, it was great to see you with your wife and little boy and especially to see you without a hat for the first time. :D

4.) Pat, CONGRATZ on breaking 100 members for 2008!!! My hat is off to you and the rest of our Board Members.

5.) Man, there were so many plants for sale I felt like a wanted a salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette! ;)

6.) Franny, I am looking forward to the Holiday Party at your House! :p

7.) Ted Judy was very good as usual, Thank you Ted for coming.

Now, the much anticipated Cat Fish Convention is only days away. WOW! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Just got the truck unloaded. Long day.

Thanks everyone for the help.

I will post more when I get a chance. Too tired.

maddog10

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (phishphorphun @ Oct 11 2008, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another outstanding meeting. I always enjoy Ted's talks. He is thorough and his photos provide excellent visuals.

For those who were wondering what I was photographing, I don't know what the heck it was. All I know is they swam and jumped around fast, and were very small. I mean EXTREMELY SMALL. :wacko:

Anyway, here are a few shots of the Potomac River micro crustaceans that Bob brought to the meeting to share.

PotomacBug1c101108.jpg
[/b]

Commonly called scuds or Gammarus Shrimp (probably)

chris_todd

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Oct 11 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1.) Awesome meeting!

2.) Bobby, incredible picture of that thing that Bob found. I did get a chance to see it up close by the way.

3.) Li, it was great to see you with your wife and little boy and especially to see you without a hat for the first time. :D

4.) Pat, CONGRATZ on breaking 100 members for 2008!!! My hat is off to you and the rest of our Board Members.

5.) Man, there were so many plants for sale I felt like a wanted a salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette! ;)

Now, the much anticipated Cat Fish Convention is only days away. WOW! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard[/b]

This was my first CCA meeting and I can tell you it won't be my last. That was really great! Ted gave an awesome talk and I learned a lot (took three pages of notes), it was great to meet some folks I had only corresponded with on the forum, and I came away with a whole bunch of stuff I never intended to buy (two tanks, two plants, and two fish). :) Does that always happen?

Speaking of the fish I bought (the two orange Angel fish, bag number 11-3), is there any way to find out who was selling them? I'd love to talk to that person to learn more about these fish. I wanted my first cichlids to be angels, and now I have my wish. I just want to know more about the water conditions these fish were raised in; if the seller could PM me, that would be great!

Richard, it was nice to meet you at Scales after the meeting.

Chris Todd

maddog10

Members
After I picked Ted up at the airport on Friday, I took him to see Hans in Baltimore.
Hans-1.jpg

Saturday saw Ted speaking before a packed house.
cca-oct-2.jpg

cca-oct-1.jpg

This was the second table of auction goods. I think we had about 80 items.
Ted and Pat alternated auctioning off items, it worked very well.
cca-oct-3.jpg

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris Todd @ Oct 11 2008, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SubMariner @ Oct 11 2008, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.) Awesome meeting!

Richard[/b]

This was my first CCA meeting and I can tell you it won't be my last. That was really great! Ted gave an awesome talk and I learned a lot (took three pages of notes), it was great to meet some folks I had only corresponded with on the forum, and I came away with a whole bunch of stuff I never intended to buy (two tanks, two plants, and two fish). :) Does that always happen?

Speaking of the fish I bought (the two orange Angel fish, bag number 11-3), is there any way to find out who was selling them? I'd love to talk to that person to learn more about these fish. I wanted my first cichlids to be angels, and now I have my wish. I just want to know more about the water conditions these fish were raised in; if the seller could PM me, that would be great!

Richard, it was nice to meet you at Scales after the meeting.

Chris Todd
[/b][/quote]

Hey Chris, it was nice meeting you too and I am not surprised that you walked away with so many things.

That's the great thing about our Club! Hope to see you at the Cat Fish Convention.

Richard

chris_todd

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hey Chris, it was nice meeting you too and I am not surprised that you walked away with so many things.

That's the great thing about our Club! Hope to see you at the Cat Fish Convention.

Richard[/b]

I'll be there, and hopefully with more discipline. :) I'd love to pick up an oto or two for a planted 20 high I have, or maybe some algae eating shrimp. And I've decided to turn that 20 long I got at the meeting into a Pearl Gourami tank, so I'll be looking for those, too.

See you there,
Chris

dogofwar

CCA Members
"I'll be there, and hopefully with more discipline. :)"

Really - no need. Enjoy your new-found source of fish stuff!

"And I've decided to turn that 20 long I got at the meeting into a Pearl Gourami tank, so I'll be looking for those, too."

I think you've mis-spoken...don't you mean that the 20L will be for some sort of cichlid :) Pearl Gouramis are the opposite of cichlids. :FIREdevil:

(says the guy with several tanks of livebearers)

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pat Kelly @ Oct 11 2008, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Oct 5 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Life is not fair:

1) My favorite speaker (sorry Ken - you're #2)(but only 'cause of the cool accent)(inside joke)

2) 3rd round of APA league playoffs is Sat. at 1pm. Team captain already told me that regardless of my condition, mental or otherwise, I was shooting; free trip to Vegas for a week is on the line.

3) Darn - don't even get to vote.

Y'all have a great time!!!

TMS[/b]

Good luck today Paul
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Pat; I showed up at the play offs long enough to make sure the team had enough people to shoot then I was off to NY to deal with family medical issues.

Sounds like I missed another great meeting but that will not happen often!!

See ya'll at the Catfish convention.

TMS