• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

October Meeting

dogofwar

CCA Members
Sarah - do you have any extra horei ladies?

The three little ones that I got at a past meeting ended up being two dudes and one female. And I now have a 4" male...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (longstocking @ Oct 3 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No multies.... but I do have a proven pair of Brevis I MIGHT bring ... adults.[/b]

longstocking

Members
Sorry Matt ... not keeping them any more.

I think I saw some one Aqua-bid not too long ago. Atlantis also has them....

Julie can get them in :) If she can.... might be able to get her to bring them to the catfish convention for you :) You would have to talk to her though.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Sarah. There aren't too many more obscure requests than, "I need Ctenochromis horei. wild. 3-4". Only females." :)

I put the male in a 125g with a bunch of larger fish...and he's doing great. I left three of them in a 75g grow out for a little too long. Lesson learned.

animicrazy

Members
Life is not fair:

1) My favorite speaker (sorry Ken - you're #2)(but only 'cause of the cool accent)(inside joke)

2) 3rd round of APA league playoffs is Sat. at 1pm. Team captain already told me that regardless of my condition, mental or otherwise, I was shooting; free trip to Vegas for a week is on the line.

3) Darn - don't even get to vote.

Y'all have a great time!!!

TMS

chris_todd

Members
I'm a new member too, planning on attending my first meeting. About how long do the meetings run, on average?

Chris

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
We start at 2 and usually run till about 5 or a little after.
Depends on the amount of stuff in the auction. Last time that alone took over an hour.

animicrazy

Members
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chris Todd @ Oct 6 2008, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm a new member too, planning on attending my first meeting. About how long do the meetings run, on average?

Chris[/b]

A great speaker for your first meeting - Ted Judy is one of the best - grab some wings, a chair, take notes, and time will no longer have any meaning!!

TMS

P.S. WELCOME TO THE CCA !!!!

Anybody interested in any of these?

1cMaylandiJuvies081308.jpg

This is one from the group. New pic too. I think I may hold onto this one though. :rolleyes:
1bMaleJuvy100808.jpg

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (animicrazy @ Oct 5 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Life is not fair:

1) My favorite speaker (sorry Ken - you're #2)(but only 'cause of the cool accent)(inside joke)

2) 3rd round of APA league playoffs is Sat. at 1pm. Team captain already told me that regardless of my condition, mental or otherwise, I was shooting; free trip to Vegas for a week is on the line.

3) Darn - don't even get to vote.

Y'all have a great time!!!

TMS[/b]

Good luck today Paul

Another outstanding meeting. I always enjoy Ted's talks. He is thorough and his photos provide excellent visuals.

For those who were wondering what I was photographing, I don't know what the heck it was. All I know is they swam and jumped around fast, and were very small. I mean EXTREMELY SMALL. :wacko:

Anyway, here are a few shots of the Potomac River micro crustaceans that Bob brought to the meeting to share.

PotomacBug1c101108.jpg

PotomacBug1b101108.jpg

I don't know if this is breeding, camaraderie, or devour. :confused0007:
PotomacBug1a101108.jpg