• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

New 55 Discus tank

bossanova

Members
Nice keep us updated on the eggs!
They never make it past the first night in this community setup. I’ve heard that DC tap water has too much calcium and it “calcifies” the eggs and prevents them from hatching, has anyone here experienced this? I’m not interested in becoming a breeder or anything but was curious.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
The night scene with shifting colors is pretty neat.

I've heard that hard water makes it harder for them to be fertilized, not sure if it affects the actual hatching process or not. Could be part of the case though, I'm just going by what I remember hearing at some point. There's partial truths to everything...

bossanova

Members
Hey it is nice to see the Jurapari doing so well!
They’re wonderful. I’m pretty sure they were 3 males and one of them didn’t make it but these 2 are relatively mild mannered and the big one barely chases the smaller one on occasion. They’re great with the Discus. I think keeping low numbers is key to success because they can’t hog all the food.

christina

CCA Members
They’re wonderful. I’m pretty sure they were 3 males and one of them didn’t make it but these 2 are relatively mild mannered and the big one barely chases the smaller one on occasion. They’re great with the Discus. I think keeping low numbers is key to success because they can’t hog all the food.
The one I have still in my tank is very social and though huge is usually gentle with the rest of the tank