• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Need lots of fry or feeder care receipe

Prince

The ONE who is The ONE
I have Jewel fry that about 1" to an 1.5". Didn't want see them go that route but at this point I can even give them away.

lonlangione

Members
http://www.patriotpetsupply.com/

Here is a link for a supplier of feeders and worms that showed up in my e-mail one day. They have "CULTURED" tubifex worms. I am planning on ordering some soon. I prefer tubifex over blackworms. And these are not sucked out of polluted waters.

He also has feeders for sale as well and is fast with answering e-mails.

As far as handling and feeding feeder fish to my fish, as the former owner of a pet shop I can tell you that they are rarely fed or lightly fed while they are at the shop. I used to sell between 5000 - 10,000 feeders a week. Feeding them causes the water to go to hell fast because of them being kept in an over crowded situation. We used to feed them in the morning and change 90% of their water every other day. If I were feeding them, I would keep them in large holding tank 250 - 500 in a 50 gallon, and feed them to "gut load" them with a good food for a few days before using them. Feeders that are bought from a shop and then fed when they get home are very low in nutritional value. Feeding them to your fish with a good quality food in their bellies will make a world of difference.
I am convinced that people with cichlids that have hole in the head disease fed nothing but feeder fish that are fed right to there fish.

mscichlid

Founder
Thanks for the link Lonny!

I have Jewel fry that about 1" to an 1.5". Didn't want see them go that route but at this point I can even give them away.

Thank you Prince! Can you bring them to the next meeting?

Last edited:

mscichlid

Founder
Hmm... for the pikes I have in mind, 1.5" would be their limit. But depending on what other fish people have, full grown fish would work. It depends...