• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

More fishroom racks

chriscoli

Administrator
Awesome - they'll like it!

Has the female spit her fry yet?

I don't think they had any success. I saw a few eggs fungused still on the bottom of the tank and the female half-heartedly guarding the area a few days later. She wasn't being very friendly to the male when they were spawning so I wonder if she let him close enough to fertilize the eggs.

I figure that moving them to their new floor tank may shake things up and maybe they'll have more success in that tank. it's got a better substrate for them anyhow.

dogofwar

CCA Members
Good plan!

I've ended up dividing Gymnogeos to successfully breed them more often than not. It's a weird dynamic between the male and female(s) and even female and other females.

They go through the same dance just on different sides of the divider. Also easier to fatten up the ladies.

Matt

kwan

CCA Members
Neat custom made fish racks as shown in the photos! The one I have been using for the last 10 years are those steel racks from costco. I think I paid around $72 ten years ago but now it cost $90. Sometimes it is onsale during christmas. This costco steel racks come with wheels and holds maximum of 6 shelves. Each shelf can support 800 lbs without wheels on the bottom. What I did was to split this six shelves into two smaller racks. Each of this smaller rack has two shelves. So each shelf can hold four 10-gallon tanks or three 15-gallon tanks without any problem.Total of eight 10-gallon tanks can be placed on each of this smaller two-shelves rack. Easy maintenance and last forever, best is that it can be dismantled easily.

chriscoli

Administrator
I have some metal Edsal shelves in my fishroom, and I do like them very much. The only shelves I've tried but would never use again are the baker's rack type with the plastic sleeve where the shelf meets the upright post. I found that I like the wood ones because I can custom-fit them to maximize the amount of space I'm using. Also the metal ones do rust just as the wood ones can rot.