• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

More fishroom racks

chriscoli

Administrator
I'm making a final push to try to get the rest of my fishroom racks finished. I figured out that I have room for two more racks, and then it's full. One rack is a stacked set of a 20L, 20L, 29 and the other is a set of 3 tiers with 3 15s in each level.

Today I got the lumber cut and I'm in the process of painting them. I hope to assemble them tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1467596645.520344.jpg

Aqua410

Members
Chris,

It would be cool to see an update of your fishroom when it gets done. I cant wait to move in a few months so I can finally have a whole basement for my tanks. I'm going to do 6 55's double stacked, 2 125's stacked and my 75 to start so it's no where near the level of tanks others have but I'm still looking forward to it.

chriscoli

Administrator
Originally I used a circular saw and chisel but now I use a router. I've got a jig that I use to cut 4 legs at a time.

Once I'm set up, it takes me under 10 minutes per set of dados to cut....so 30 min for a set of legs of there are 3 sets.

I think the router is messier (even if I attach the shop vac to the dust collector, but I used to really skin my knuckles a lot working the cut slices out of the dado when I did it with the circular saw. So the router involves a lot less blood, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chriscoli

Administrator
image.jpeg image.jpeg Last weekend I assembled the racks and drilled the tanks, this weekend I set the tanks up. Still have to add lighting but everything's got water and filtration.

The first picture has nine 15s with Poret cube filters the second is a rack with two 20L over a 29 each with a Poret mattenfilter.

Termato

Board of Directors
Custom vertical tank in between those two racks? eh? hahaha

That looks really nice. I bet it feels more...at home...? in there now.

dogofwar

CCA Members
The floor was the proverbial last frontier in my fishroom (other than, of course stacking tanks on top of other tanks...which I've done).

I actually removed all but one floor tank in my fishroom over the past couple of weeks. Too hard to see the fish, although they're good for over-wintering Uruguayan fish...

Did I see a floor tank in the works, Christine? ;)

Matt