• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Milwaukee ACA Recap

okimavich

Members
Thanks for the great report and pics guys. Sounds like you guys in the "fin posse" did a great job of making sure that the CCA name was well represented in Milwaukee. BTW, those t-shirts look great on you guys. :)

Wow, REALLY great shots Tony and Kevin!!
Brought back alot of fun memories already ;)

I had a BLAST with all of you, and wanted to thank you all for making me feel like a real member of the club.
When Tony told me I was "family" I got a little choked up. :)

:wub: you guys!

Jumbie

Members
Great pictures Kevin, And yes Chris you are right I was tired inj a few of those pictures. I think we all really did not get any sleep due to the all night driving adventure, and the late night drinking and hanging out. I had a great time with everyone and I can't wait till the ACA 2011!!!

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
really nice pics!!! Tony, I love it, and we love your club too, we hope we can take some my best show fish to the next year ACA!!!where is the Geogre?? tell him I want to say hi to him!
I want some of your pics, could you sent to me by email???

Dan Ye-Jennings

Hi Dan Ye! PM me your email address and I'd be happy to send you some of my pics. I have many more, but had a pretty slammed weekend and didn't get a chance to get on past checking quickly on my Blackberry.

I'm going to post up some more today though. I think I have a few more of your fish.

It was great meeting you and your hubby. :)

Tony

Awesome shots, Kev! I'm glad you got some from Hoffers... that place was wild.

Tony

Here's a few more from the fish show...

This guy won best in show, I think.

232323232%7Ffp63274%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A9885694348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp6339%3A%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A9885692348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63395%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A988%3B4%3C4348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp633%3A5%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A9885695348nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp63386%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A9885698348nu0mrj

I think this is Dan Ye's favorite fish. Without a doubt, a stunner!

232323232%7Ffp63274%3Enu%3D34%3C7%3E846%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3A98856%3A2348nu0mrj

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Wow! great pix Tony. I'm glad you pulled up the Best in Show pic of that "otopharynx lithobates~Yellow Blaze." Plus the second fish is just SICK SICK SICK Dude!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
DSC_7866-WebCCA.jpg

Bidding card in one hand, beer in the other. This just spells, trouble. lol
What kind of trouble? You mean like having to ride home in a car stuffed full of tanks and fish bags? That doesn't spell trouble, that spells Tony. Look at the old lady in the background; she's eying him up like he just outbid her.:unsure:

fischfan13

Banned
What kind of trouble? You mean like having to ride home in a car stuffed full of tanks and fish bags? That doesn't spell trouble, that spells Tony. Look at the old lady in the background; she's eying him up like he just outbid her.:unsure:

After seeing the smile on Tony's face, and seeing the smile on that lady's face I guess it IS true...
What goes on in Milwaukee STAYS in Milwaukee!:p

Jumbie

Members

LMAO.....Mike you are so right....Tony MAN HANDLED that old lady on some bag of Africans. LOL:D....We were also the loudest group in the auction as well. lol

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
LMAO.....Mike you are so right....Tony MAN HANDLED that old lady on some bag of Africans. LOL:D....We were also the loudest group in the auction as well. lol
Tony takes no prisoners when he wants a bag of fish. If it were a NJ auction, being the loudest would be a feat, but in Milwaukee, was there much competition?

Jumbie

Members
Tony takes no prisoners when he wants a bag of fish. If it were a NJ auction, being the loudest would be a feat, but in Milwaukee, was there much competition?

Depends on what you think competition is...to be honest when it comes to a fish that Tony, Kevin, or I want there is nothing that could get in are way LOL. So with that said I don’t think that there was any competition.... Just people who thought they could hang and really couldn’t lol. These people however made the prices higher for us lol.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
LOL! Look at the way Tony is hiding his Beer. The Cougar in the background was hoping that Tony would offer her some of his beer. LOL!

Yea, the auction was so good that even I came back with 11 bags of Cichlids. That's 9 past my quota. LMAO!

Spine

Members
Here's my list:
Apistogramma borellii

Australoheros sp. Red Ceibal(fry)

Congochromis dimidiatus

Heros - undescribed species of Severum(fry) from Columbia

Geophagus - Abalios,Brasiliensis,Megasema,Unkown species(Bag wasn't marked)

Gymno Geophagus - Norte,Tiraparae

Laetacara thayeri(FO)

Nandopsis bartoni

Nanachromis - Nudiceps(FO),Parilus

Paratheraps bifasciatus "Rio Chacamax" (F1)

Pelmatochromis nigrofasciatus

Psuedotropheus socolofi

Ptychochromis grandidieri - plus one unlabled Madagascar fish

Steatocranus tinanti(FO)

Thorichthys - Aureum(FO),Ellioti(FO),Pasiones(FO)

Tilapia mariae

Plus I got a book thats out of print and impossible to find.

Last edited:

cmcpart0422

Members
Wow there were some really nice fish there. That lithobates is awesome. How many fish were entered in the fish show?

Spine

Members
Wow there were some really nice fish there. That lithobates is awesome. How many fish were entered in the fish show?

Tons, I went to take pictures after the voting was done but allot of people had already removed their fish:wacko::wacko: I guess I'll know better next time.