• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Milwaukee ACA Recap

Here's my list:

Plus I got a book thats out of print and impossible to find.

Wow there were some really nice fish there. That lithobates is awesome. How many fish were entered in the fish show?

Kevin:
What was the book that you picked up? Was it the one on Eartheaters that was in the silent auction?

And fish entries in the show.... i heard folks saying it was somewhere around 500, but I don't know for sure

Spine

Members
Kevin:
What was the book that you picked up? Was it the one on Eartheaters that was in the silent auction?

And fish entries in the show.... i heard folks saying it was somewhere around 500, but I don't know for sure

Yes, it was South American Eartheaters. That's the second time I've lucked out and found a book that was out of print or the only available copies where like $300 or worse:eek: That just goes to show you, keep your eyes open, this kinda of stuff just pops up when you least expect it.

Yes, it was South American Eartheaters. That's the second time I've lucked out and found a book that was out of print or the only available copies where like $300 or worse:eek: That just goes to show you, keep your eyes open, this kinda of stuff just pops up when you least expect it.

Kevin, did you know I was bidding against you? :rolleyes:
I didn't realize it was you! :eek: :blush:

I was going to pick up the book as a little gift for Ed Martin, I remembered in some post on fish books he had said he would like the book, and I figured if I was wrong, and that wasn't the book he wanted, I would just donate it to ECC for their auction. I knew the book was going for like $300 on Amazon. I was bidding until it got to $75. Still a bargain, but that was when I opted out. Glad it went to a good home ;)

Oh, and I heard from Ted Judy about the show entries. Total was more like 250.

Spine

Members
Don't feel bad Jumbie was bidding against me too.When it come to something I've been looking for(over a year) it's on:rolleyes:. I'll be sure to bring it to a meeting and let Ed look through it. I meet someone at the meeting that claimed they still had a couple(New) copies left so we might be able to get him one after all, maybe even for less than what I paid.:eek:

Don't feel bad Jumbie was bidding against me too.When it come to something I've been looking for(over a year) it's on:rolleyes:. I'll be sure to bring it to a meeting and let Ed look through it. I meet someone at the meeting that claimed they still had a couple(New) copies left so we might be able to get him one after all, maybe even for less than what I paid.:eek:

Oh, I hear you about going after what you want Kevin! I got into a real bidding war with Bill over a plant at a club meeting once (who of course, AFTER he lost out said he was trying to buy it for me. Yeah, sure) :rolleyes:

I'm glad you got the book if you have been wanting it for a while :)
I was just going to surprise Ed with it if it went for a real bargain price, but $75 was my cut off on that. Sorry Ed :p

Enjoy it Kevin, and yes, great idea about bringing it to a meeting :)

guarddog5

CCA Members
I came back from the ACA with:

A. Flavescent Albino (pair)
L. Nkambe
O. Nasutas Mukosa
A. Compressicep Chaitika Red (pair)
A. Compressicep Nangu (pair)
S. Ahli Albino
T. Moori Linangu (unfortuately the male didn't make it)

F8LBITE

Members
Tony was nice enough to bring me back a pair of green terrors and a group of Austroloheros Red ceibal. Thanks bro

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Here are some extra pictures I had from the Shed in Chicago. The quality of the pictures aren't as great as Kevin's and Tony's, but it's just a point and shoot by Canon.

IMG_5974.jpg

IMG_5979.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

IMG_6003.jpg

IMG_6013.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_6050.jpg

IMG_6055.jpg

IMG_6057.jpg

IMG_6064.jpg

IMG_6065.jpg

IMG_6066.jpg

IMG_6072.jpg

IMG_6074.jpg

IMG_6081.jpg

IMG_6099.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_5977.jpg

There ya go.

That's really all the shots I took and after we got to the hotel there was really no time for Me to take anymore.

Enjoy,

RM

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Oh, and here is the small list of fish I picked up at the ACA.

A large colony of Otopharynx Lithobates "Yellow Blaze."

Yellowblaze.jpg

A small breeding group of Sciaenochromis ahli.

Ahli.jpg

At least 3 bags full of Bristlenose catfish.

bristlenose.jpg

A small breeding group of Aulonocara Stuartgranti "Ngara Flametail" Peacocks.
Ngara_Aulonocara_stuartgranti_Ngara_copy-270x166.jpg

And Finally, 1 Otopharynx Heterdon "The Royal Blue Hap."

Heterdon.jpg

RM

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Those "Yellow Blaze" are awesome. Need to get me some of those.

Joel, those are just example pictures of the kind of Cichlids I brought back so everyone could have an idea of what they looked like.

At the ACA Convention, the tank where the Yellow Blaze's were in had a picture on the front of the tank of the actual father of all the juvi's I had purchased and let me tell you, it looked even better than the example picture I posted.

Nice pictures Tony!

fischfan13

Banned
Richard, what's your plans with the Otopharynx Lithobates?
Tank size?
Are they by themselves or with something else?

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Well I got no fish at the ACA but I did bring a fish home. I went on up to Door county and went fishing with my brother-in-law. I brought in a 14 pound King Salmon on Sturgeon Bay. If it had been a cichlid there is no doubt it would have been best of show. Since there was no judging I let the first mate fillet it for me. Thanks to some slick logistics and dry ice, most of that fish now swims in my freezer. That was FUN.

I sure wish my ACA troop could have been with me.

George

PS. I had some nice pictures but they are still in the camera which is still somewhere in Milwaukee I guess.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Richard, what's your plans with the Otopharynx Lithobates?
Tank size?
Are they by themselves or with something else?

Bill, they're in quarantine right now with a handful Bristlenose catfish and a batch of Ngara's. They are doing just fine thanx for asking. Too bad you weren't with us up in Milwaukee Bill, we had lots of fun.

Well I got no fish at the ACA but I did bring a fish home. I went on up to Door county and went fishing with my brother-in-law. I brought in a 14 pound King Salmon on Sturgeon Bay. If it had been a cichlid there is no doubt it would have been best of show. Since there was no judging I let the first mate fillet it for me. Thanks to some slick logistics and dry ice, most of that fish now swims in my freezer. That was FUN.

I sure wish my ACA troop could have been with me.

George

PS. I had some nice pictures but they are still in the camera which is still somewhere in Milwaukee I guess.

We miss you too George.:D By the way, when are you departing to Peru??