• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

March Meeting Of The Cca: Items people are bringing for mini-auction

cyradis4

Members
Hi!

Can't wait till March, for any number of reasons..... Spring break cannot get here soon enough!!!!

But to business.

If people where to bring books, that would be nice. :) I'm a book-aholic, otherwise known as a bibliophile.

Fish I might be bringing or be convinced to bring:

I have the Bolivian Rams, Microgeophagus Altispinosa. I have a LOT of them, and will sell them privately. They are a lot like German Blue Rams, only a little less colorful, a bit bigger, and hardier. I'll probably bring a few as a donation.

If there is interest, I have a very few Gold Marble Angels that are fairly large that I will part with. Lemme know if anyone is interested. I also still have a few of the Smokies, see their mother in the post in New World, but again, will bring only if there is interest. Would probably do a donation to the club if there is interest.

Later!
Amanda.

longstocking

Members
hmmm ... not sure yet. Maybe some P. typus .

I'm not bringing them if no one is interested though.... too hard of fish to get a hold of. So speak up if you are.

longstocking

Members
Also... I don't mind bringing some of my Konings books for people to look through. But, please treat them with respect... they aren't exactly cheap books. I have Malawi and Tang books of his.

marge618

CCA member
:party0006: It is time to start thinking and planning for the March CCA meeting! :party0006:

Anyone know what they might be bringing to the auction? :happy0012: :happy0012: :happy0012: :animal0028: :animal0028: :animal0028:

Suggestions needed for reference books that might spice up the meeting. :wub:

Remember, an educated bidder spends more money. :sign0134: :sign0134:

Everybody, especially the auctioneer, has more fun when we can do our 'homework' on the fish species to be sold at the auction...ahead of time. :party0018:

Amanda and Sarah you really got the ball rolling! :happy0007:

Later,
Marge

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I am thinking about bringing some Protomelas sp. "Spilonotus Tanzania" fish to the meeting.

Protomelasspspilonotus2tanzania.jpg

For more info on this fish, feel free click on this link.
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=1239

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
They're about 1.5-2.00 inches in size. I might bring 5-10 maybe. I'm kinda attached to them, but they do need to have their own home someday. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Two bags of 5 please..... :animal0028: :happy0144: :happy0158: :happy0065: :happy0100: :love0007: :love0030: :sign0027: Dont know why I am using all the smileys but does it matter?? Thats what they are there for right?

....er, uh, like I said, up to eight inches (I'm not getting into any contraversy. I'll just plead stupid instead. Ron's holding this sign :sign0017:) :sign0201:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustRon @ Feb 21 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have NEVER seen one above 8" much less actually[/b]

Well, the male (Big Daddy) I have now is about 6 inches long, so if I were to put him in a 120gallon then I can see him getting over 8 inches. :blush:

dogofwar

CCA Members
I'm with Ron on this one. A 10" spilo would be the "king of all spilos" :)

I had some of the "gold head" spilonotus in a 125g for a couple of years (bought them at about 3-4") and the largest male topped out at about 8". Females wouldn't get any bigger than ~6.5".

They aren't aggressive, as haps go, but they appreciate their swimming space (and clean water). Mine lived with peacocks and smaller Nimbo. livingstoni.

longstocking

Members
lol I got a kick out of this...

Just so everone knows... c-f is a bit liberal with their sizes. THey usually are on the side of caution and say they get a tad bigger than they really do. Some they are right on... but some are a little liberal. THe sizes are suposed to be aquarium sizes. But, some are wild sizes.... some fish get HUGE in the african lakes. Tropheus... for example, I have heard of 8 inch fish in the lake. I have never seen an 8 inch tropheus... have you? :lol: