• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Look what made it into my house today....

JasonC

Members
huh... interesting material... am I correct in reading that it is a resin rather than a silicate/quartz sand? Is there a history of safe aquarium use with this product? Very interesting stuff though... and lots of colors! ;P

Oh.. and how much did you end up paying per bag?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Why not just use a slightly smaller tank for the sump? A 4' 40G would be perfect...

Is there enough clearance between the top of the sump and the bottom of the stand to service it? Looks really tight...

Matt

Thanks to frank for stopping by and helping me get my sump into the stand! Boy was it guy wrenching having your dream tank and stand cut into! Once the cut was done we got the sump in and then I glued, patched and painted it should look close to original when it dries!

Before

The puzzle after the cut...

My first attempt at glueing and patching wood

Than sanded down and painted

The end result is I got my sump in, plumbing delayed til tomorrow waiting on a coupler

Thai

Members
A 40g would not have been sufficient to handle the flow and media I plan on using as well as the capacity of the water that drains out once pump is turned off. It's right but there 6" of workable room under there. I wish the stand was taller thought to give me more workable room

frankoq

Members
Not blasting sand, too soft for that it's used as a flooring aggregate 3 50lb bags was enough for my 300.
Google ram quartz glen Burnie

ic. thanks for the reference.
now undecided if I want to stick to PFS or this. decisions decisions