• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Look what made it into my house today....

frankoq

Members
Micro-bubble dispenser. :cool:

Ok I want to know too. is it a cosmetic thing or are there benefits to have micro bubbles vs regular bubbles.

This is a bubble talk now. :D

Thai

Members
From my sumps last baffle, the falling water made bubbles that got sucked into pump and into tank. Didn't wash the sand, didn't have too it's clean from the bag.

McGrubble

Members
This tank is simply amazing. Great scaping and an beautiful java! I've been considering changing out my 33gal's white PFS for a fine black, but haven't decided on what brand or where to get it. After looking at these pictures, however, I'm sold on this Spectraquartz.

Does anyone know of some locations in DC that might sell Estes or any fine black sand like Thai's?

Thai

Members
Ram quartz and resin flooring in glen burnie

Here's the sand wet. Very clean no rinsing and even when I was inside agitating it to get the bubbles out it never clouded

image.jpg

Jeff721

Members
Clown loaches look good in there.

I called them about the sand...$30 for a 50lbs bag, nah, I'm good. I went back to the old dirty Black Diamond.

JasonC

Members
Clown loaches look good in there.

I called them about the sand...$30 for a 50lbs bag, nah, I'm good. I went back to the old dirty Black Diamond.

yeesh... thanks for the heads up... was thinking about stopping in tomorrow as I will be in Glen Burnie anyways... guess I'm sticking with PFS...

Thai

Members
Cost is higher than obviously black diamond but that stuff is dirt cheap and has so much impurities in it...paying more for the clean look but still less than black aquarium sand.
Here's how it looks once settled in and bubble free

image.jpg