• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

June Meeting Of The Cca

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
We will have our usual mini auction and raffle. The raffle will feature an Aqua Clear 50 filter along with the usual goodies. I will add more stuff to the list this weekend.

We will have the usuall veggies, dip, chips, cookies and soda. Also
we have had wings 3 months in a row so this month will be the italian meatballs and rolls. Also trying to come up with something new. We will see how that goes.

Please try to arrange your schedule to make the meeting. Come socialize, learn something, have fun and help your hobby. We go to great lengths to have people come in for talks. Tim is driving in from CT just to get to meet YOU. Don't let him down.

cyradis4

Members
Unless something goes wrong between now and then (with my life, you never know....) then rain, snow, or shine I'll be there.

Amanda.

Tim

Members
Sounds like an interesting meeting. I may try to drive down to check it out. It'll depend on what I have going on. :rolleyes: I'd come down for sure, but now there's no wings......

Tim

marge618

CCA member
:rolleyes: Yes! I plan to be at the June meeting. I am still hoping to get new people to attend CCA from the Balt and Catonsville area!

Marge

fishorangeswimming.gif

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I'm there Dude!!!!!!!!!! Didn't we have meatballs in January or was that February? Boy, they were good. :lol:
Looking forward to it.

See ya,

Submariner

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay

Our meeting is this Saturday at 2.

A couple of notes.

Along with the usual grab bags and the Aqua Clear 50 filter, from the Hagen corporation, that I talked about earlier, there will be a 30-gallon tank as a prize in the raffle. Remember tickets are $1.00 each or 7 of them for $5.00

I also have an Emporer 400 filter from Marineland that will be in the auction.

Please try to bring something for the mini auction. Remember that the club only gets the first $1.00 of these items. The seller gets the rest. Thats the best deal around. Most clubs that I see are either 70/30 or 50/50 split.

I know I harp on money and attendance a lot. Sorry, but thats the way the club keeps going. If we do not have either then its hard to maintain things like refreshments or speakers. And what would the club meeting be without refreshments or speakers? A business meeting like we used to have. Not much fun.

Anyway remember to come and enjoy. Have a good week

Pat

So thats a couple of different goodies for you this month.

maddog10

Members
That was the kind of presentation I like. Show me a ton of fish pictures with the names right on the screen. I see something I like, I write it down. Really nice to see some people who haven't been to the meetings recently. I know we got a few new members as well---welcome! Tim forgot to mention during his presentation that he signed up for the trip before he was even certified to dive (he really wasn't taking any chances, he wasn't going to let his wife change her mind). Lot of nice fish and plants in the auction. Thanks to everyone for showing up on such a nice day, see I told you the room was air conditioned.

We all need to thank Tim for driving down today. He is trying to finish his house and I am sure he should have spent his time at home, but he chose to spend it with us. Thanks!

Charlutz

Members
Great meeting yesterday. Thank you very much Tim! Great guy and excellent presentation. Always nice to hear from someone who has done what I want to do.

On top of the great presentation, I even bought a shell in the auction yesterday that Daniel claimed contained fish, and lo and behold this morning, they emerged!

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I want to thank Tim for his dedication to the hobby, driving all the way down here. (6 hours each way) Just to talk to us. He originally was planning on spending the weekend down here with his wife at a relatives house but that got changed and he did a round trip in one day. Thats a lot of driving to talk to us. Thank you Tim.

I would also like to thank everyone for the turn out. I know it was a nice day outside and some of you were on the GWAPA trip to Florida and could not make it. We still had a turn out of 38 people and picked up 6 new members. 6 New members is great and if everyone would take the time to bring in someone that they know or met at a store we would be well on the way to my goal of 100 by next year. \

I want to thank everyone who brought items for the auction as well. Had a good many items there yesterday.

Pat

Theresa_M

Members
We enjoyed the meeting as usual. Great presentation, food was wonderful, good variety of items on the auction...each meeting we've been to so far we've talked with someone different...it's nice to meet the people behind the names on the forum.

We're very much looking forward to September, hoping to arrange things so the spouse can attend as well.

marge618

CCA member
Hi! The June meeting of CCA was really interesting. I particularly enjoyed hearing first hand about a trip to Lake Tanganika. It is so much more exciting to listen to someone who has really been there, scuba gear, underwater camera gear - MANY FISH PICS -as close as I have come to really being there myself. The presentation pics with fish names on the screen was great! (So direct that I didn't need to ask any questions...)

Yessss! It is good to greet new members to CCA! WELCOME! IF YOU ENJOYED THE JUNE MEETING YOU WILL LOVE THE SEPTEMBER MEETING!

SEE YOU ALL IN SEPTEMBER!

Marge

fishorangeswimming.gif
[/QUOTE]

Spine

Members
Thanks Tim,
The talk was great. Like everyone else I loved the pictures. It was nice to see so many people at the meeting.

Theresa's idea about talking to someone new at each meeting is a great one. If I could get to a meeting by 2pm.(Knock on wood ,maybe one of these days lol.) that would give me more time to talk.

longstocking

Members
The talk was fantastic... now you all know why I keep mostly tangs :p

It was great to finally meet him in person :)

It gave Bill and I so much insite into taking a trip there ! Very helpfull in that aspect !! We plan on going in 2009 :)
Bill LOVED the meeting... don't get me wrong he likes most of them.... but this one he REALLY enjoyed !!! He had a blast !!!

Tim

Members
The talk was fantastic... now you all know why I keep mostly tangs :p

It was great to finally meet him in person :)

It gave Bill and I so much insite into taking a trip there ! Very helpfull in that aspect !! We plan on going in 2009 :)
Bill LOVED the meeting... don't get me wrong he likes most of them.... but this one he REALLY enjoyed !!! He had a blast !!![/b]

If you and Bill make it up for the Fishaholics picnic in August, I'll play the DVD of the trip that Ad made. It has a few of my pictures, a few of Lars Andersen's pictures (above water) and a whole lot of Ad's pictures on it to make a great slide show. And it's all set to that great music we heard for 17 hours up and 15 hours back. :D
Tim

longstocking

Members
If we make it up... is that a good time to dive up there as well? Interested in diving with us?

All we have planned for august is going up to Julies the second weekend.

Would love to see the dvd !!!