1. Don't forget to vote for your favorite picture in the Photo of the Month section.
  2. CCA Breaks the 1/4 million mark! Over 250,000 posts on the CCA forum!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Thank you for supporting the BIG Fish Deal 5. We had a great turn out. See you next year!
    Dismiss Notice

Is this new tank syndrome bacteria bloom

Discussion in 'Food, Water & Health' started by dario5678, Dec 2, 2017.

1. FishEggs

FishEggs CCA Members

Matt
    Last Activity:
    Today at 12:06 PM
    I've gotten some large pieces of red lava rock from the Stone Store. I believe they had small (about the same as for grilling) bits too.

dario5678 likes this.
  2. Digital

Digital Members

Marlin
    Last Activity:
    Today at 3:23 PM
    The Stone Stone that Becca mentioned near BWI is awesome. They have a leftover/scrap pile where you can get stuff for 90% off regular. I got all my rocks there for my show tank. I paid a few bucks for some large black granite pieces they tossed out because they had a quartz vein running through them. They looked awesome in white sand.

Okay, so you dont have a mattenfilter. If you are going to overstock that tank, I'd recommend you also put an aquaclear 110 on the tank also. They run for years and consume very little power. I have 2 of them on 75g tank that at one point had 40 cichlids.

While you decide on how to aquascape, get a couple of 50 cent clay pots at walmart for your 3 cichlids to hide in. ☺

dario5678 likes this.