• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

How do I plumb this thing?

Diogenes

Members
Ive got an idea for the second chamber of the wet dry. So if I setup my mag up as an external filter like in the diagram then what do you guys think about putting a bunch of elodea or moss balls in the second chamber and keeping light aimed at it to soak up nitrates?

Diogenes

Members
Progress on the 90g!

After breaking the first drip plate, I cut another piece of acrylic and made another one. I've also made some headway on the drain. I have a couple questions.

okay, first question:

To drill a hole in what wll be the cover of the wet dry, do I need one of these, or one of these?

Second question: What size hole should I drill to put in a bulkhead that will accept a 3/4" piece of PVC? What size bulkhead would that be?

Third question:

How can I plumb a mag 9.5? The instructions say that it has 3/4 NPT threads. Is there like an adapter or something for this? Also the instructions say that you should use at least 1.5 inch pvc as the return pipe. This will be considerably larger than my bulkhead or the 3/4" NPT threads. How does that work? Is there some sort of fitting that can take the size up/down as needed? A pic of the pump is included below.

Fourth question:

How do I make a cover out of these blank piece of acrylic? Does it need to be waterproofed and if so what do I waterproof it with? I thought about silicone but then i couldn't easily maintain the bioball chamber. I'd basically have to reseal it every time I performed maintenance. I thought about using teflon tape or gorilla tape and just removing/replacing it as needed. What do you guys think?

Pics:

D3870061-orig.jpg

A4018CCB-orig.jpg

B39033FF-orig.jpg

F3646534-orig.jpg

84B8113E-orig.jpg

2DD9C089-orig.jpg

1ED277A7-orig.jpg

mag 9.5
4A70C6F5-orig.jpg