• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

!!!! HOLIDAY PARTY INFO !!!

lorne8303

Members
Potato Salad

I had planned on bringing NC BBQ but someone beat me to that. Maybe I'll bring the NC Pork BBQ to the January meeting and I'll bring Potato Salad to the party.

Speaking of NC BBQ, depending on what part of NC you based the sauce recipe on it could taste different. My parents are from an area north of raleigh and we make a vinegar based sauce. To me BBQ is a way of cooking something and not a sauce. I like to take a pork shoulder and slow cook it with indirect heat in a smoker using hickory wood.

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I'm all about vinegar-based sauce. Texas can keep that thick ketchup stuff - seems like a good way to cover bad BBQ. ;)

Glad you'll be making it over, Lorne.

rich_one

Members
I'm all about vinegar-based sauce. Texas can keep that thick ketchup stuff - seems like a good way to cover bad BBQ. ;)

Glad you'll be making it over, Lorne.
Given I'm a Texas BBQ kinda guy, I can assure you, YOUR WRONG! LOL... :D

Can't do it this week, but one of these days maybe you'll find yourself in Southern MD, and I can offer up some ribs that make you rethink that point of view (the charcoal grill/smoker is my tool... and I am its master).

-Rich

Tony

Given I'm a Texas BBQ kinda guy, I can assure you, YOUR WRONG! LOL... :D

Can't do it this week, but one of these days maybe you'll find yourself in Southern MD, and I can offer up some ribs that make you rethink that point of view (the charcoal grill/smoker is my tool... and I am its master).

-Rich

I may have to take you up on that sir. :)

Looking forward to seeing your on Saturday, Rich.

rich_one

Members
Looking forward to being there! My first CCA Christmas party... man, I remember when I was the guy never at meetings and barely posting! Who knows whats next? LOL...

-Rich

verbal

CCA Members
I will be there. My wife might come also. I will probably bring brownies or something like that.

mscichlid

Founder
You guys rock! Bring food and beer, wine and whatever. I can't wait. I am so looking forward to hanging out with my fish peeps.

I hope I didn't kill this thread, but I like you guys so much.

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I am not going to be there afterall :(

Abby has practice from 12-2 (I thought it would be canceled because of her meet) andthen I have a meeting at 8. :(

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators

Abby has practice from 12-2 (I thought it would be canceled because of her meet) andthen I have a meeting at 8. :(

Sorry you won't be able to make it. My schedule is still up in the air. I have a dishwasher being delivered and installed at some point tomorrow but I won't know the window of time until later today.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Have a good time everyone! I'm buying a car, ferrying kids around, and doing lots of other household things, so won't be able to come.

Tony

Guys, not to petty, but some common courtesy here: It's a potluck. Yes, we'll have a bunch of food, but if you're coming and planning on chowing down, then bring something.

You don't have to slave in the kitchen all day. Chips and dip, veggie tray, whatever.

Tony

Sorry you won't be able to make it. My schedule is still up in the air. I have a dishwasher being delivered and installed at some point tomorrow but I won't know the window of time until later today.

Have a good time everyone! I'm buying a car, ferrying kids around, and doing lots of other household things, so won't be able to come.

Bummer....

rich_one

Members

Aw, man... practice? We're talking about practice??? LOL...

Sorry you can't make it! I'll get those nerites yet!

-Rich