• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

!!!! HOLIDAY PARTY INFO !!!

mscichlid

Founder
DECEMBER 10, 2011
:party0003:TIME: Starts at 1pm

:happy0021: FOOD and BEVERAGES:
We'd like to get an idea of what dishes folks are bringing. As usual, the club will pay for the Ham and a Turkey, but we will need carb dishes, deserts, sodas and veggie dishes as well. The club will also provide the paper and plastic goods. Please list the dish you plan to bring in this thread.

Don't forget the beer and wine and other alcohol. :) Ice and coolers will be needed as well.

:happy0021: GIFT EXCHANGE:
Each year we have a gift exchange. You are NOT required to participate. These items are usually $30.00 or less.
We try to keep it "fish" related, but it doesn't have to be.

What happens is, those that bring a gift will put them in a pile. The participants will choose a number out of a hat and that will be the order in which you pick from the pile.

The first person picks a gift from the pile and opens it in front of everyone. Person #2 can then pick an item from the pile or take the item away from person #1. If this happens then #1 picks again.
When person #3 picks he or she can pick from the pile or take the item from #1 or #2. Etc until we are finished.

:character0181:​

Looking forward to spending some time with my fish peeps!
:happy0180:​

chriscoli

Administrator
I'll bring a tray of roasted veggies and snickerdoodles. Probably something else, too, but haven't decided what yet.

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Full of beans

I'll bring a five bean salad, beer and 3 sodas.

That's five beans too many.

I'll bring green grapes, strawberries and champagne.

So the way the gifting works, the last one picked gets anything they want? That's mad and way cool, but does that mean that the last person to open a present doesn't get another chance? I'll play in any case, but I can only bring something priceless, like the look on Matt's face when he wheeled his boys into the last meeting. Definitely one of the richest men I've ever met...

"You're the end-product of 3 1/2 bilion year of evolutionary field trials - the crown of creation. F-ing try and act like it."— S.F. LaBudde

Plenipotentiary-at-large
Here's to eclectic...

I learned that game on a riverboat in the middle of the Yangtze River. My Chinese tutors thought it was sort of hysterical that a Westerner would even try until I won the second game. Drinking them under the table was sweeter still.

Am sure that you'll be missed but also that you all will have yourselves a time.

Gambe!

George

CCA Charter Member and person in charge of the we
Gee, I was going to bring liver and onions but realized I could never bring enough since it is such a popular dish.

I guess I will bring a sweet corn salad that has gone over well before. I will also bring beer, soda, and a cooler with ice.

George (the one soon to be a Floridian)

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
We'll be cooking a turkey with stuffing and gravy. :)

Looking forward to it, guys.

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I'm going to do my best to make an appearance. It is the same day as my company party, so logistics may be difficult...

mrkillie

Members
Gee, I was going to bring liver and onions but realized I could never bring enough since it is such a popular dish.

I guess I will bring a sweet corn salad that has gone over well before. I will also bring beer, soda, and a cooler with ice.

George (the one soon to be a Floridian)

No liver and onions? Then I'm not going.

rich_one

Members
I'm still working on some logistics myself regarding coming, but if I can come, I'll see if I can talk the wifey into making some of her famous mac & cheese.

-Rich

dogofwar

CCA Members
My wife and daughter will be out of town...so me and the little guys will likely make a cameo...

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
They're adorable, and love to participate in the auctions. I don't think Matt Q. stopped moving for more than about 10 seconds at last month's meeting!

msjinkzd

invert junkie
I will be able to make it! WOOT!!!!!! I have no idea what I will make, but will bring a dessert and some sort of side dish.