• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

!!!! HOLIDAY PARTY INFO !!!

chris_todd

Members
Not to get off topic, but have you ever seen the fantastic creation that is called, "Bacon Explosion"? If not, Google it. :lol: My husband has made them before.
That's exactly what I was thinking about! Mmmm, Bacon!

I had planned on bringing NC BBQ but someone beat me to that. Maybe I'll bring the NC Pork BBQ to the January meeting and I'll bring Potato Salad to the party.

Speaking of NC BBQ, depending on what part of NC you based the sauce recipe on it could taste different. My parents are from an area north of raleigh and we make a vinegar based sauce. To me BBQ is a way of cooking something and not a sauce. I like to take a pork shoulder and slow cook it with indirect heat in a smoker using hickory wood.

I'm all about vinegar-based sauce. Texas can keep that thick ketchup stuff - seems like a good way to cover bad BBQ. ;)

Glad you'll be making it over, Lorne.

Lorne and Tony, yes, I was planning on making the Eastern North Caorolina style vinegar-based BBQ, and while it might be blasphemy to some, I'm doing it in a crock pot (don't laugh, it works great!).

And I'm with both of you, BBQ is a cooking style, not a condiment. It's a way of cooking otherwise tough cuts of meat at low temperature for a long time to make the meat tender. One of my pet peeves is when people put something on a grill at high heat and call it BBQ because they put sauce on it.

golsama

Corresponding Secretary
Ok I figured out what to bring besides beer, lol. I'll bring a green bean casserole.

mscichlid

Founder
MENU

Turkey (stuffing & gravy) - Tony & Maria
Ham - Tony & Maria
Pulled Pork - Chris Todd
Chichen wings - Pat Kelly
Jumbalaya - Chris

4 bean salad - Franny
roasted veggies - Christine
sweet corn salad - George
Mystery dish - Marge
mac & cheese - Rich
Potato Salad - Lorne
green bean caserole - Golsama
Guacamole - Christine

Green grapes & oranges - Sam
Snickerdoodles- Christine
Apple Pie - Sarah
Sweet potato spoon bread - Arlene
Brownies - Jesse
Mystery dessert - Mike
Bread - Sam

Beer - Chris, Michael N, Caleb, Franny, golsama, Mike
Soda - Franny (3), Christine,
Wine - Marge
Wine or Ale - Sam
Water - Franny
Ice - Sam

Need Ice, coolers, sodas

What else?

Samantha has CCA paper goods.

If you plan on participating in gift exchange and TV raffle...don't forget to bring a gift and money. The raffle tickets are $5 ea.

Last edited:

Plenipotentiary-at-large
I'm bringing green grapes and oranges.

Bagged on the bubbly once I got a sense of the menu, but I could pick up some more wine or ale. Will definitely show with a couple of bags of ice just a tad before the official time for commencement of hostilities, er, that is, ah, civilities. Right.

Turkey (stuffing & gravy) - Tony & Maria
Ham - Tony & Maria
Pulled Pork - Chris Todd
Chichen wings - Pat Kelly
Jumbalaya - Chris

4 bean salad - Franny
roasted veggies - Christine
sweet corn salad - George
Mystery dish - Marge
mac & cheese - Rich
Potato Salad - Lorne
green bean caserole - Golsama

Snickerdoodles- Christine
Apple Pie - Sarah
Sweet potato spoon bread - Arlene
Brownies - Jesse
Mystery dessert - Mike

Beer - Chris, Michael N, Caleb, Franny, golsama, Mike
Soda - Franny (3)
Wine - Marge
Champagne - Sam
Water - Franny

Need Ice, coolers, sodas

What else?

Samantha has CCA paper goods. Oh and the bread (remember?)

If you plan on participating in gift exchange and TV raffle...don't forget to bring a gift and money. The raffle tickets are $5 ea.

clearsky5

CCA Members
Folks//// excuse the ignorance, but I have looked high and low on this site and I cannot find the address..... as I am new, I don't know everyone by their first/last names so kind of difficult to figure out who is who at this point.... Not sure if I can make the trip up tomorow, but would love to at least see where it is so I can make a decision.
david

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Folks//// excuse the ignorance, but I have looked high and low on this site and I cannot find the address..... as I am new, I don't know everyone by their first/last names so kind of difficult to figure out who is who at this point.... Not sure if I can make the trip up tomorow, but would love to at least see where it is so I can make a decision.
david

PM sent

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Oh and I got an email earlier.
I will answer on here.
Sorry, Yes I am coming to the party.

I know you guys were enjoying not seeing me
for the last 3 months but I will be there anyway......

Hmph, someone wanted Tracey to come without me.
Real nice people. real nice.

LOL

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
I plan on being at the party and will drag my wife with me (she is a bit shy). We will be bringing beer and macaroni salad. Look forward to seeing everyone.

rich_one

Members
Guys, I'll be running a bit behind. Wifey and I had a bit of a later night than expected (minds out the gutter... not THAT), and didn't even wake up until about 10:30. It'll probably be between 12:30 and 1:00 when we leave out, and we're about an hour out. Just want to give you all a heads up!

-Rich

mrkillie

Members
Hope everyone has a great time. We'll be doing the same at the ACLC party.

Happy Holidays and see you in the new year!