• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Great meeting!

I really enjoyed Tony's talk. Notice that we actually kept paying attention for an hour!!! I appreciated the cultural info, not jut stuff about fish.

Great job!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Really enjoyed Tony's talk...and I've seen the pictures and heard the stories a couple of times before!

Some really high quality fish in our auction today...

Matt

mchambers

Former CCA member
It was a great meeting! Tony's talk was perfect. (I'm glad he didn't show pictures of chigger bites!)

The auction had relatively few items, but very high quality.

Andrewtfw

Global Moderators
Really enjoyed Tony's talk. I liked that he included a sociology/anthropology component. Well done!

dogofwar

CCA Members
I try... we really do have some great fish in our monthly auctions. Thanks to the folks who bring them!

While I have long since stopped trying to understand fish auction microeconomics, reality is that people will stop bringing good fish if they don't get something approximating decent for them!

Great job to Christine for figuring out how to project the images up. Was it helpful?

Matt

I liked Matt's ability to garner good prices for some great fish. Excellent work sir.

blkmjk

Members
Very good talk Tony! As an individual who is interested in making a trip like that myself I definitely appreciate the cost analysis. Nice powerpoint as well. I hope to make a similar trip to Panama, Colombia, Ecuador. 2015 how did you make guide arrangements?

Drew

Forester

Members
It hasn't been finalized yet but i might be stopping in Colombia for a week or two this summer on my way to Brazil.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I think the photos are helpful for bidders who are bidding on immature fish and don't really know what they're looking at. So yes, helpful

verbal

CCA Members
I think the photos are helpful for bidders who are bidding on immature fish and don't really know what they're looking at. So yes, helpful

I agree the pics are a great help. I think it is even helpful for items that don't really need a picture like daphnia if potential buyers happen to miss the announcement of the item, to be able to see the item description.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
Thanks all for coming. Have some videos I was showing Michael after the meeting that I would have liked to have show. Need to edit (shorten) them a bit, but will post them up in the next couple of days.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I think Tony's talk could've went longer and he would still have our full attention, but the stories and pictures really made it seem like a fun trip (regardless of the chiggers).