• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

FS CA and SA fish and 125G AGA setup

longstocking

Members
Jose, just wanted to say that this really sucks! So sorry. Hopefully everything goes well with your cat too!

Not sure what plecos you have... or if I would be interested.... but let me know what ya got so I might be able to help out :)

F8LBITE

Members
Jose, just wanted to say that this really sucks! So sorry. Hopefully everything goes well with your cat too!

Not sure what plecos you have... or if I would be interested.... but let me know what ya got so I might be able to help out :)

Thanks Sarah. Ill update the ones I have left tonight.

mchambers

Former CCA member
Pandas, etc.

panda, albino, peppered corys
Jose, I don't really need more pandas, but if you can't find another buyer, let me know and I'll take them. I'm in the District, near Silver Spring, so perhaps it's not that far from you.

And add me to the people expressing my sympathy. I can imagine how frustrating this must be.

STATMATT

Members
OK,
I don't have time to read the whole post, but from what I have read, all you need would be a doctors letter indicating that these animals provide emotional support for you. Effectively making your fish tanks emotional support animals. (not service animals, but it is covered under a similar law as ADA.)

Similar things are done to get dogs into no-pets housing. Especially as companions for the elderly.

Once a Condo association sees a letter from a doctor, they'll shut their nosy BS for fear of getting sued. Likewise it is your private medical information, they are not allowed to tell any of the other residents the reason for your exception.

The cat definitely applies!

Last edited:

F8LBITE

Members
OK,
I don't have time to read the whole post, but from what I have read, all you need would be a doctors letter indicating that these animals provide emotional support for you. Effectively making your fish tanks emotional support animals. (not service animals, but it is covered under a similar law as ADA.)

Similar things are done to get dogs into no-pets housing. Especially as companions for the elderly.

Once a Condo association sees a letter from a doctor, they'll shut their nosy BS for fear of getting sued. Likewise it is your private medical information, they are not allowed to tell any of the other residents the reason for your exception.

The cat definitely applies!

Thats a good point. Unfortunately the ball is already rolling on the tanks. Ill keep it in mind if anything happens with the cat.

rich_one

Members
I was at Jose's today, and man... this guy has some very nice tanks. It is just heartbreaking he has to let this go. BIG beautiful discus! And let me tell you right now... if you go there and see the argenteas... you'll be hooked on them. Trust me... I know!

Thanks for the fish, Jose... a great guy, and I'm sad to see you have to let this go. It is cool you will get to oversee one, at least, at work! Take care, man... hope we still get to see you around!

-Rich

toddnbecka

Members
Haha. Good question. They didnt see the cat when they came in. We also hid the litter box, food bowls, anything cat related. My plan is to comply as quickly and as smoothly as possible with the tanks, let them come back and inspect, and we're in the clear for another year atleast. If the cat had to go then we would have to seriously consider moving out. Ive never been a cat person but we have really fallen in love with her. I hope for the best.

I'm not a cat person either, though I do like them well enough. We have 2 dogs, and would definitely move before we'd give them up. Fish are great, but they're not the same as furry critters that become like members of the family over the years. If I had the space I'd take the 120, but I really need a bigger house and some racks built before I can add any more tanks.

F8LBITE

Members
OK here's whats left:

Discus
Stendker Blue Diamond female $75
dsc02114.jpg

Stendker Blue Diamond male $100
stendkerblue-1.jpg

Brown discus $75
dsc02111u.jpg

Orange $65
14490d5f.jpg

Wild Blue $65
71d3d049.jpg

Alto. Gold head Compressiceps @ 2" X 3 $15 each
Black Ghost Knife @ 5" $20
Clown loaches @ 4-6" X 5 $60/group
Vieja Argentae @ 5" X 2 $35 each $60/pair

AGA tank and pine stand. This setup is just little more than a year old.

Tank
stand
glass tops
300W titanium heater-
w/ remote thermostat
(2) AC110's
48" T5 light fixture
$550 OBO

2c0cad15.jpg

thanks for all the help so far everyone.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
Stopped by Jose's place and picked up some beautiful fish last night! Those discus are amazing. The smaller ones were at least 5", the biggest was probably closer to 8". I'm still considering the potential pair of cobalt blues. There are still a few amazing fish left for anyone interested. Negotiations can be made when beer is offered. Sorry to see it all go Jose, but glad to help you out.

YSS

Members
Looks like you got rid of most of your fish. Thats great. I am still thinking about your 120G setup. I will let you know soon.

Enkay

Members
The discus are breathtakingly beautiful. I stopped by Jose's yesterday and I was awed by the cobalt blue pair. Maybe I can get it.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
I have issues with HOA's. I'm wouldn't buy in a community that had one because no one that isn't paying my mortgage is going to tell me what color I can paint my house or require me to get their permission for me to build a shed or a deck. I know condo's are a little different but I feel the same. Hopefully you'll get to have a tank again soon.

F8LBITE

Members
OK here's whats left:

Discus
Stendker Blue Diamond female $75

Stendker Blue Diamond male $100

Brown discus $75

Orange $65

Wild Blue $65

Alto. Gold head Compressiceps @ 2" X 3 $15 each
Black Ghost Knife @ 5" $20
Clown loaches @ 4-6" X 5 SOLD
Vieja Argentae @ 5" X 2 $35 each $60/pair
eb4b50b9.jpg

b154c6a7.jpg

73fbead2.jpg

AGA tank and pine stand. This setup is just little more than a year old.

Tank
stand
glass tops
300W titanium heater-
w/ remote thermostat
(2) AC110's
48" T5 light fixture
$550 OBO

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Dude, that Blue Diamond looks Wicked!

BTW, how much for the Cat? Just kidding Jose, Again sorry to hear about what happened with the stupid HOA. I'm sure you'll recover soon enough.

Good Luck,

Richard

F8LBITE

Members
Thanks bro. Yeah it really sucks and im sure it hasnt hit me yet. All the nights off I have from my PT job were usually WC nights and every Friday I would stop off at petco and pick up enough bloodworms for the week. Every morning I had a ritual of feeding them before going to work and so on. On a lighter note though, my boss said I could bring one of my tanks to work so im going to setup my 50B with some cardinals, plants and my orange laser cories and a few oddballs cats as well.

joseff

Members
Jose,

I forgot about the whisper filter til last night. I set it up and it works perfectly fine :]

Thanks again.