• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Frozen Food Group Order? Foster and Smith

dogofwar

CCA Members
Hi Tony,

I'm down as well... and live in G'burg... and know where you live :) - so I could come by.

When's the order going in?

Matt

Tony

Alligator Snapping Turtle/Past Pres
I was thinking of putting the order in early next week.... maybe by Tuesday afternoon.

Sounds like we have 4-5 folks interested in getting something sooner than later. Anyone who orders can either pickup at my place in Gaithersburg or I can bring to the January meeting.

Go ahead and post what you want here before Tuesday and I'll put in the order. Use the "6 or more, mix or match" prices and make sure you list size of the package as most of the foods come in different sizes.

YSS

Members
Hi Tony,

I would like to join the group.

I can either meet you to pick up or Jose can pick mine up for me and I can pick up from him. You don't mind do you, Jose? :D

Anyhow, I would like:

16oz flat pack Hikari Blood Worms: APR-13005
Qty: 3
$8.29 each
$24.87 Total

Hikari Frozen Discuss Food: APR-33898
Qty. 6
$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

SF Bay Beefheart Plus: APR-19946
Qty.: 6
$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

Ocean Nutrition Discus Cubes: APR-35698
$3.79 each
$22.74 Total

Grand Total: $87.09

Please let me know my portion for shipping and let me know how you want me to send you the money. Thanks!

dogofwar

CCA Members
6 packs of frozen bloodworms - $40
8 packs of frozen brine shrimp - $60

the look on my wifes face when she discovers that half of the freezer is full of fish food: priceless

mscichlid

Founder
dot_clear.gif
Dr F & S: 16 oz flat pack, CD-13005
6 @ $7.79 each = $46.74

or wherever Matt's getting his for $40!

F8LBITE

Members
Hi Tony,

I can either meet you to pick up or Jose can pick mine up for me and I can pick up from him. You don't mind do you, Jose? :D

Anyhow, I would like:

$8.29 each
$24.87 Total

Qty. 6
$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

$3.79 each
$22.74 Total

Please let me know my portion for shipping and let me know how you want me to send you the money. Thanks!

No problem. hopefully the stuff I want will be off of BO.

Cakes

Members
Hi Tony,

Anyhow, I would like:

$8.29 each
$24.87 Total

Qty. 6
$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

$3.79 each
$22.74 Total

YSS I have always wondered about the two Discus foods you had mentioned. Have you used them before and how do they stack up versus Hikari BW?

Thanks,

BC

YSS

Members
YSS I have always wondered about the two Discus foods you had mentioned. Have you used them before and how do they stack up versus Hikari BW?

Thanks,

BC

I have used one of the two discus food, but don't remember which. I have noticed that each discus had its own preference. Some would prefer beef heart over others and some would love the discus food. So, it's hard to say. Also, from what I've heard blood worms are not very high in nutiritional value, so I always like to add other frozen food. I used to feed my discus blood worms plus the discus food made by scales, but now they are closed I have to find an alternative.

Cakes

Members
I have used one of the two discus food, but don't remember which. I have noticed that each discus had its own preference. Some would prefer beef heart over others and some would love the discus food. So, it's hard to say. Also, from what I've heard blood worms are not very high in nutiritional value, so I always like to add other frozen food. I used to feed my discus blood worms plus the discus food made by scales, but now they are closed I have to find an alternative.

YSS,

An Administrator((Brewmaster15)) on the Simply Discus board makes his own beefheart mix that I have wanted to try but he will only ship in quantities of 10 lbs. Would you be interested in splitting? I live in Gainesville but work in Falls Church so it would be pretty easy for us to meet up.

Below is a PM he sent me.

Hi BC,
Its cold enough to ship but I only ship in quantities of 10 lbs or more... Smaller amounts just aren't worth the effort and don't ship as well.

For 10 lbs to you...
$160 for the BH mix + $45 shipping overnight = $205.

hth,
al

YSS

Members
YSS,

An Administrator((Brewmaster15)) on the Simply Discus board makes his own beefheart mix that I have wanted to try but he will only ship in quantities of 10 lbs. Would you be interested in splitting? I live in Gainesville but work in Falls Church so it would be pretty easy for us to meet up.

Below is a PM he sent me.

Hi BC,
Its cold enough to ship but I only ship in quantities of 10 lbs or more... Smaller amounts just aren't worth the effort and don't ship as well.

For 10 lbs to you...
$160 for the BH mix + $45 shipping overnight = $205.

hth,
al

Hmmmm.... That's $20/lb. Pretty expensive. I used to get my mix from scales for about $10/lb and blood worms from Drs. Foster & Smith is ~$8/lb. I will have to think about it.

DonkeyFish

Members
I will come back later this afternoon and edit this... just FYI. For now, though, here:

SF Cyclops, 3.5oz cubes, CD-27341 $1.89 qty. 3
SF Mini-Bloodworms, 3.5oz cubes, CD-35710 $1.99 qty. 1
SF Freshwater Frenzy, 3.5oz cubes, CD-35709 $2.89 qty. 1
Ocean Nutrition Discus Formula, 3.5oz cubes, CD-35698 $3.79 qty.1

Tony

Gotcha Matt.

Figuring out things out now. Will post/PM totals in the AM with shipping. Have to put it all in an XL spreadsheet to figure things out, lol.

Still planning on ordering tomorrow.

Tony

Tony

I need a couple small things from them not food I could order those and help lower the shipping cost.

Wil-

Pretty sure that the frozen stuff and the dry goods come from different shippers; sorry dude.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Anyhow, I would like:

$8.29 each
$24.87 Total

Qty. 6
$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

$3.29 each
$19.74 Total

$3.79 each
$22.74 Total

The discus cubes are on backorder.... want something different instead or just the rest of the order?

Sorry,
Tony

Tony

OK,

So without YSS' discus cubes, I've figured subtotals and shipping as is follows. If you please, paypal me at anthonyhoros@gmail.com. (Please, do it "personal," so that I don't get dinged with a Paypal fee... stick it to da man, yah!!!!!).

I have broken out shipping pro-rated by your order value divided by the total order value times $24.99 (base shipping).

Tony: $55.52 + $5.06 = $60.58
Francine: $46.74 + $4.26 = $51.00
YYS: $62.85 + $5.73 = $68.58
Matt: $35.55 + $3.24 = $38.79
Jen: $14.34 + $1.31 = $15.65
O'Shea: $13.44 + $1.12 = $13.44

Total: $274.06

Anyways... thanks so much guys for jumping in! We're definitely getting a solid deal! I'm planning on ordering tomorrow afternoon, so if possibe, get me the loot in the next day.

If not, I'll sell your order to the highest bidder, lol. :p

If I make the order tomorrow mid-day, I should receive the order Wednesday. I'll freeze it for the January meeting. If you want to pick it up before then, give me a call, stop by, check out the tanks and have a beer..... PM me to make arrangements.

Thanks again, y'all,
Tony