• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Free delivery to Aquamania!

Dave Schumacher

CCA Members
Thanks for all the kind words about me and my fish. I truly appreciate it. I wish I could get on here all the time, but I don't get a chance to check the forum as often as I'd like. If you need anything, email me at daves@davesfish.com, or call me at 210-599-9444.

I don't have any larger frontosa available right now. Just 1" fry. Someone just cleaned me out of all the L340s I had as well, but I just got in a pretty good sized order of plecos that will *hopefully* be listed today. There are plenty of L129s now, which is a very similar fish to the L340s, and cheaper to boot.

chris_todd

Members
The shipment will arrive at Dulles airport saturday morning, and the boxes will be picked up and brought to the hotel.

Orders must be picked up at the silent auction table at Aquamania by 2:30 PM.

I know the latest time to pickup your fish in this order is 2:30 pm, but any guesstimate about what time the fish will arrive at the hotel? I have another commitment later that day, and have to leave mid-day, but would love to get in on this order.

If you think the fish should be available for pickup by, say, 12:30, then I could see Ad's and Ken Davis' talk, pickup my fish, and be good to go!

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I know the latest time to pickup your fish in this order is 2:30 pm, but any guesstimate about what time the fish will arrive at the hotel? I have another commitment later that day, and have to leave mid-day, but would love to get in on this order.

If you think the fish should be available for pickup by, say, 12:30, then I could see Ad's and Ken Davis' talk, pickup my fish, and be good to go!

Fish will be available by 11:30 AM, by the start of the silent auction. Feel free to place an order and pick up anytime before 2:30. Dave still has a lot of nice fish available.

DiscusnAfricans

Past President
I'm placing my order today for some nice mbuna. Still time to get your orders in! I think the cut off is tomorrow. Call Dave for the quickest response.

Jefft

Members
Yo Dave donate the Cynotilapia Lions Cove .. wild caught to the auction... LOL.. I would wet my pants and go broke bidding. LOL

thedavidzoo

Members
For those of us not staying at the hotel, where do you keep your fish you pickup/buy in the am while you enjoy the rest of Aquamania? Do you park your cooler/styro/bag somewhere safe, lug it around with you the whole time, put them in the car and hope they stay warm enough?
Just wondering since I have never been to an all day event.

verbal

CCA Members
I think the best options are either a backpack or even shopping bag if you are carrying them around.

If you do the car option, I would add a warmer. I think the vendors will be selling them(or you can pre-order).

There may end up being a safe place to park a styro, but I would at least have a back-up plan.

For those of us not staying at the hotel, where do you keep your fish you pickup/buy in the am while you enjoy the rest of Aquamania? Do you park your cooler/styro/bag somewhere safe, lug it around with you the whole time, put them in the car and hope they stay warm enough?

dogofwar

CCA Members
Have a friend keep your fish in their room... or just keep your styro / backpack of fish with you (kind of like a monthly meeting)...

Matt

jonclark96

Past CCA President
I wouldn't put them in the car, even if the temps are going to be in the 50's. Most of the action at the event is centrally located, so there isn't a lot of lugging stuff around.

Or, get a hotel room, stay up late partying with your fish buddies, speakers, and vendors, and set up a small holding bin in the room.

Jefft

Members

I have a table the tops of which will be full of fish for sale.. HOWEVER... the space below the table is available and comes complete with a fat old Marine in a chair to make sure nothing gets stolen while you shop. Hmmm perhaps I should consider renting that space out as well. LOL