• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishroom in progress

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
I'm showing my wife these pictures, so that next time she says I'm spending too much money on my fishroom, I can say "This is what I'm aiming for."

Blaise

Jefft

Members
Ohh to be so artistically inclined with the carpentry, plumbing, tile and whatever other skills it might take to back it up.

Will you come and set up my room free of charge and equipment??? :p

LOL, just kidding! I'm so jealous of your beautifully set up fish room.

Arlene

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Blaise, I built this room with a very small budget, The air system pump was used from a CCA member that I got at a very good price "http://www.jehmco.com/html/lph80.html" This pump is very very quiet I would highly recommend a linear pump for any fishroom. yes they are expensive but you will find with the volume of air and how quiet they are its worth it.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Blaise, I built this room with a very small budget, The air system pump was used from a CCA member that I got at a very good price "http://www.jehmco.com/html/lph80.html" This pump is very very quiet I would highly recommend a linear pump for any fishroom. yes they are expensive but you will find with the volume of air and how quiet they are its worth it.

If you are looking I would 2nd the vote for linear pump. I bought one and it has been running for about 4 years or so. The price is high but they work great!
I have the biggest one Jehmco offered and
Jon and Tony were at my house a few weeks ago and can attest to how quiet it is.

b considine

a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude
David/Pat,
Thanks for the advice. Jehmco recommended their DAPMH20 diaphragm pump for my modest rack. I was thinking of upgrading to the 30. I'll investigate the linear pump.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Blaise

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Depends on the outlets as to if you need a linear. I am running about 90-100 outlets so I needed the big boy.
I used to use a blower but you could hear the whine all over the house and even outside my house. LOL

killakacti

Members
I have a blower set up in my garage and it is very loud, it takes 10 or so minutes of being out there for me not to notice the noise level it creates.

I will be looking for a linear piston air pump soon.

Sent from my ADR8995 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
New rack

Fishroom is now complete with tanks and new stand. only need a new flat screen TV and the room will be complete.

New rack tank base #2.jpg

New rack tank base #3.jpg

New rack tank base #1.jpg

New rack dado constructions #1.jpg

New rack legs dado constructions #2.jpg

New rack dado constructions.jpg

New rack dado constructions #3.jpg

New rack dado constructions #2.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#10 new rack.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#9A metal racks.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#9 metal racks.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#8 20long-29gal autolamps.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#7 Onkyomusic Gloveri.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#6 Caroli.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#5 Ngara.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#4 Planted with puffer.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#2.jpg

Fish room 11-03-2012.jpg

fish room 11-03-2012 pic#3 goldface.jpg

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Explain: White drum is my sump,with 12 inches of media / bio balls ,The sump has a Magdrive #9 as my return pump. All the tanks I drilled in the upper left corner .water flows though the bulkheads to a 1 1/2 in PVC drain line that drains though a spray bar over the top of the media.The return lines are one inch pvc that is reduced to the 1/2" at valve. Red handles are the return valves . They refill the tanks from the Magdrive #9. Cycle over flow and refill. I also have 1 " pvc loop for my air . Its valved at the back of each tank.
For water changes , I turn off magdrive #9 . over top of the white barrel /sump are 2 one inch valves one is the return to tanks the 2nd is to pump out to sump pump .Water change is about 35 gallons I do that 3 times a week some times more it so easy. Than I have a hose hooked up to refill the sump. you can see the hose in Pixs # 9 and #10. I use the same hose all over my fishroom. The rest of my tanks I siphon into the 35 gal rubbermaid can that has a Magdrive #12 that I roll over to my sink Pix # 10 and pump out there. The room works pretty good for me. This is the second one I built. The first room has been running for 3 years and the owner does his water changes on 26 tanks in his $2000. custom suit at his lunch time.
I hope I explained it well. Your welcome to come see it in action .