• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Fishroom in progress

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
If you would like to see my fishroom for some ideas or how I did it. I live in Abingdon 21009.
Club members are welcome just give me a call .
410-925-5495

clearsky5

CCA Members
David:
while your explanation satisfied most of my questions, I have a couple more...
Am I to understand, that you cycle the water from tanks through the sump on a continual basis, regardless of water changes?
(i assume that just offers more filtration/oxygenation to supplement sponge filters?)

not sure if I understood your "water change" proceedure...
do you drain the 55 gal sump, then siphon more from tanks, or is the quantity of the sump your complete water change?

and how did you decide on the drill point for your bulkheads? is there a theory on that or just your decision on how high/low to drill?

if I were not to drill, does hard plumbed hang on pvc work for overflows?

I love how clean your rack looks, and I will take a lot of what I see here to heart when I build my room....
(still working on the framing in my basement...

oh... anyone have any thoughts or ideas as far as options for drains in the floor when one hasn't been plumbed? because the house I bought was above water line (so far) I have never had any water issues even with torrential rains... But it would be nice to have some sort of backup if I (heaven forbid) had a major water spill.....
that is one obsession I have been dealing with in my construction of my fish room.... Am i worrying about a non issue????

david

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
David:
while your explanation satisfied most of my questions, I have a couple more...
Am I to understand, that you cycle the water from tanks through the sump on a continual basis, regardless of water changes?
(i assume that just offers more filtration/oxygenation to supplement sponge filters?)

do you drain the 55 gal sump, then siphon more from tanks, or is the quantity of the sump your complete water change?

and how did you decide on the drill point for your bulkheads? is there a theory on that or just your decision on how high/low to drill?

if I were not to drill, does hard plumbed hang on pvc work for overflows?

I love how clean your rack looks, and I will take a lot of what I see here to heart when I build my room....
(still working on the framing in my basement...

oh... anyone have any thoughts or ideas as far as options for drains in the floor when one hasn't been plumbed? because the house I bought was above water line (so far) I have never had any water issues even with torrential rains... But it would be nice to have some sort of backup if I (heaven forbid) had a major water spill.....
that is one obsession I have been dealing with in my construction of my fish room.... Am i worrying about a non issue????

david

Yes it is running through the sump always.

I just drain the sump and thats my water change. If needed I do siphon the bottom of tanks also.

Well you really don"t want to drill to close to the edge so I drilled mine 2 inches on center from the edge of tank and under plastic rim.
I don't understand why people are afraid to drill the tanks. The bits can be bought on ebay cheap and they are very easy to drill . lots of info on you tube and other websites. I only broke one tank and it was tempered , you cant drill a tempered tank they shatter.

verbal

CCA Members
I had a couple questions on build of the last stand:

attachment.php

Is there a veneer on the shelves? If so what do you use?

How did you do the cuts in the legs? Are you using mainly glue to attach the legs and the shelves?

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
Dado blades on a table saw, Jessie not sure if you know I work @ a large cabinet shop we have all the tools needed. I through bolt the frame like shown on other peoples racks. If you need and help or guidance you can email me or call me. I'll give you my number online.

Reed

Very Fishe
I need a room like that. I Great work

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

TeamPisces

CCA Members
I wanted to share pictures of my fish room in progress, this is my 2nd room I built, I help Bill build his in his fish room and his works so well I built one for me.

This room looks awesome. I am familiar with your work as I have been to Bill's home a couple of times for a tour of aquariums. That room was designed better Exotic Aquatics set up in Baltimore when up in Baltimore. Great work.