• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Feb Meeting Of The Capital Cichlid Association

maddog10

Members
We are actually trying to remember to take photos at the meetings. I usually take some during the presentation. Luckily Francine jumped in and snapped a few this month. We also encourage our members to take photos at the meetings. You never know, they may get published in the Biotope.

iamzrad

Members
Nice meeting indeed! I had a good time. Looking forward to the March one and meeting some more new people.

longstocking

Members
I just got an email from Marge .... she said this :)

Hi,
The February CCA was fun. Great crowd. Huge auction (just the way I like it!
smile_wink.gif
). I really appreciate them electing me to the board! However, now my computer will not let me log in to the forum. I will thank everyone when I get it fixed.

Marge

mscichlid

Founder
I forgot to thank Kevin and Wendy for bringing me the lovely group of keyhole cichlids!

Here is a picture of Rachel's and Mike's little girl.

rachels-girl-1774.jpg

Last edited:

Sonny Disposition

Yeah, I have to agree with you, Lonnie. I'm lucky if I can find the shutter button. I followed everything Mike was saying without getting lost once!

I have always been frustrated that I could never get a good picture of my fish. Now I know that it wasn't all me, I should have kicked in another $200.00 and bought a different camera. The thing I liked best about your program Mike is you spoke in terms that novice photographers could understand.
Some people say wow when I tell them I am from York PA and they say you come all the way down here. Well we come all the way down there because of the people. This club has something that some other clubs just can't seem to get, group cohesiveness.
See you all next month.

Lonny

msjinkzd

invert junkie
Cute shot! But i don't know if my husband would like us calling her Mike's girl! LOL :D

That is Abby, both girls had such a wonderful time!

Sonny Disposition

Let me know how they do. They can grow completely underwater or with just the roots submerged. Eventually, they'll probably break the surface. My stock (now yours, too) comes from a park in Deerfield Beach, Florida. It's from a single which I found creeping up the shoreline of a small pond.

Thanks to everyone that is part of the CCA for making the meeting what it was !!

And a special thanks to Mikey for a very simple to understand photography presentation :)

A big thanks to the Shrimp lady !!! Yellow shrimp and snowball shrimp are all doing great!

Thank you Bob for all the plants :)

See you all next month !

maddog10

Members
Here is the link to B&H Photo for the Slave Flash that I showed during my presentation. This particular model can be used as an optical slave and is triggered by your camera's built in flash.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I have a reputation? Sweet!

Rachel, your kids were adorable. I just wished I could have spent more time with them, but you could see we had our hands full.

I love your little cookie monsters! They are the reason Ashley and Jamie had to bring extra Brownies and CubCakes because all the cookies were GONE! I wonder who that could of been???LOL! Hehehe.;)

They were great as runners too. I really believe that by having kids at the meetings it promotes a more family oriented environment, which to me is positive for the Club.

Thanx Shrimp Lady;)

Richard

Subby.png

Spine

Members
The last meeting was one of the best yet. Mike's talk was great,I'm really pumped for taking more fish photos. I'm using some of Mike's tips and I've improved my photos all ready. I also agree with everyone else, Rachel's kids are to cute.

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!

We are actually trying to remember to take photos at the meetings. I usually take some during the presentation. Luckily Francine jumped in and snapped a few this month. We also encourage our members to take photos at the meetings. You never know, they may get published in the Biotope.
I remember seeing Francine take these pictures and wondering how they would turnout being the room was pretty dark. It's amazing what a good flash can do. The flash techniuqes were the biggest things I took away for the presentation. Thanks!