• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

eastcoastcichlids Auction

longstocking

Members
Hey dogowar, some of us ECC guys are pretty big guys...not so sure that I would offer any of us FREE food!:D

Yeah ... I would have to agree. Maybe just for May we should charge. We would make a killing :p;):D

Probably not going to make this one... although Julie is tempting me lol

fischfan13

Banned
Sarah, don't know if you saw this but we will have a few bags of Tropheus sp Red Throat Lupota juvies at our auction. The parents are from Atlantis stock from about two years ago.

Our Pleco Choice Raffle will include:
L091
L135
L177
L066
L333
L128
L368
L260
Acanthicus adonis

Our rare fish raffle will be for a trio of Wild Caught Aulonocara Ethelwynnae.
Our tank raffle will be for a complete 65g setup.

There will also be fish from Atlantis, Frybabies, TNT Cichlids, The Amazon Basement, Daves Rare Aquarium Fish, Valley Aquatics, Amazon Tropicals and Mark's Anubias Design.

Just a little to whet your appetite.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
OMG....I saw the list and WOW! The Temptation is terrible almost brutal like, but I think I'll pass for now. There's always next year right?

RM

Julie

Members
All I can say is *WOW*, you guys missed an awesome auction!!!

Jumbie, Kevin and Wendy, Bev and a few others did make it. Almost too much! Africans were probably the fish of the day, apistos were plentiful so the prices were low (good for me, bad for the sellers!)

An observation by Mark Denaro... "There was enough organization and energy and workers in this room today to run an ACA auction".

.. a truly well run event, that was only slightly marred by limited parking and a small room. Great job, ECC!!!

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
I knew it! Darn it!!! I am so :angry3: right now. That's it!!!!!!!!

That's the final straw...I'm letting the wife have it!
aFu_GunMonkey.gif
Just because!

I'm kidding, I love my W.

But I had no space anyways, oh well.

Julie, did you pick up any Aulonocara species? Or Haps from the event, maybe you might want to part with them.

RM

Julie

Members
Richard,

There were several kinds of Aulonacara there, the usual, and one or two more rarely seen. *pouring salt on the wound*:p

But I didn't get any of those, just one cyp, some tropheus for Sarah, some plants, and many apistos!

Oh, and some red devils :confused: by mistake... if anyone is interested in some.

Oh, and some *new world tropheus* called neets!

Julie

Members
I was at the back of the room, Kevin was auctioneering, and sometimes really mumbled and massacred the names. I thought they were labs... but no biggie...

yet... :p

Jumbie

Members
I had a GREAT TIME!!! I got some WC and really rare apistos, cyps (Blue Flash; 3 out of the 9 died before I got home, and a nice size colony of Trophoues. Not to add salt to anyone’s injury but the prices I paid for all my fish especially the apistos were unbelievable!!!

kbeaudean

Members
We were in the same boat as Julie! We lost out on a couple of things because we could not hear!:mad: But oh well maybe next time. The only cushioned seats were at the bar so thats were we sat!!The auction was unbelievable!!! Had a great time!!

fischfan13

Banned
We were in the same boat as Julie! We lost out on a couple of things because we could not hear!:mad: But oh well maybe next time. The only cushioned seats were at the bar so thats were we sat!!The auction was unbelievable!!! Had a great time!!

It was absolutely great to meet everyone.
After the auction was over I spoke to the guy who runs the hall about "the next time"...
"The next time" we will be upstairs...MUCH more room!.
"The next time" we will have a microphone...his response, "why didn't you say something...I have a few"....DOH!

Although I keep almost all Africans I did bid on and win a few non-African lots.

There were some EXCELLENT Aulonocara there (am I pouring more salt?).
One of our members breeds beautiful Lwanda, and he brought about three lots of juvies. The Yellow Jakes were really nice and there was an adult pair of Albino Eureka that went for $90! The rare fish auction was an Aulonocara Ethelwynnae Wild Caught trio.

All in all we had 456 lots that we auctioned off and some great food.
Bacon and egg sandwiches and pancakes were the morning call, and by the end of the day hot dogs, cheeseburgers and french fries were flanked by kielbasi sandwiches and homemade pierogies!

See everyone on May 9th!

Jumbie

Members
Josh... how many of the Lupota did you snag ??

What apistos did you guys get?

Did the L numbers go for a lot?

Sorry it took so long to reply my home computer is not working so I have to use the computer a my job. :(
I got a total of 16 Lupota, Apistos; Black Chin, Fressa, Piexoto, and some Norberti, and the L numbers started out selling for $40-$50:wacko: but then towards the end some of the same species that were selling for $40-$50 were going for $10-$15.:lol:

dogofwar

CCA Members
I always laugh at that name :) They're just like Tropheus except they're gray, substrate spawn in pairs, and hang out in the rocks (don't swim around much).

That said, I have a tank of them myself!

"Oh, and some *new world tropheus* called neets!"