• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

eastcoastcichlids Auction

kbeaudean

Members
We may be going i could say yes right now but things may change on April 3rd. We are last min. kind of people.

mrkillie

Members
Sounds like quite a racket to me. It's a cash auction only and you can't run a tab, but you need a bidder card anyway. You have to pay $2 for a bidder card. Hmmmm. I and some others I know stopped going to Jersey auctions long ago because of that. Not that I would go anyway, it's too far for me now that I've moved.

I refuse to pay for the right to give a club my money.

Joel

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Sounds like quite a racket to me. It's a cash auction only and you can't run a tab, but you need a bidder card anyway. You have to pay $2 for a bidder card. Hmmmm. I and some others I know stopped going to Jersey auctions long ago because of that. Not that I would go anyway, it's too far for me now that I've moved.

Joel
:rolleyes: oh brother here we go...isnt that part of their raising revenue for the club? i agree with your logic but this was for a good cause and something we all enjoy new fish! ;)

lonlangione

Members
:rolleyes: oh brother here we go...isnt that part of their raising revenue for the club? i agree with your logic but this was for a good cause and something we all enjoy new fish! ;)

I agree, it's $2.00. If you take a bag of anything you can get that back. It costs money to rent a place to have this auction. I don't know how a fish auction could be considered a racket. Unless of coarse it is one run by AIG........

Lonny

dogofwar

CCA Members
Dude, $2 is the cost of a cup of coffee. :rolleyes:

It helps them defray the costs of having something like this. $20 per that would be another thing...but not going because of $2 - to me at least - seems pretty darn petty.

I'm going to be in Chicago on business...or I'd think about going :)

Matt

Joel

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
I agree, it is only $2.00 .
But I sometimes wonder about the practice.
I have only paid it at the B.I.T.C.H.es auction at the ACA.
Rooms are very expensive now days to try to run something like this. You
have to do everything you can to try to break even.
Would it keep me away from an auction just because of this. No.

I don't think I will make it up there. I have a photo thing the next day.

From what Ive seen this is a good bunch of people. I met a bunch of them at Frybabies a few months ago.
Plus they are planning a roadtrip down here in May for the meeting.

I hope at some point they become a club. They are a forum at this point and not related to the now defunct East Coast Cichlid Association that was around just a couple years a few years back.

mrkillie

Members
I'm just saying, there are plenty of auctions around, so I will support the ones that don't have that practice. I certainly can't make them all, so that is just one of the criteria I use to determine where I will spend my money.

And as for it being "only $2", and it will "help the club", think of all the fish that you have bid on over the years that you didn't get because you stopped bidding, when it only would have cost you another $2 (or so that's what the auctioneer will tell you). Why would anyone ever stop bidding if it were only another $2? $2 is NOTHING, or so you people tell me. So everyone here that is going to that auction should never get outbid on the fish you are interested in, because hey, it's only another $2 (and it will help the club!!!), and you can bring back all those nice Jersey fish, breed them, and then bring them to CCA auctions and I will not have missed anything, anyway. I thank you in advance for doing that for me!!!

Joel

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I'm just saying, there are plenty of auctions around, so I will support the ones that don't have that practice. I certainly can't make them all, so that is just one of the criteria I use to determine where I will spend my money.

And as for it being "only $2", and it will "help the club", think of all the fish that you have bid on over the years that you didn't get because you stopped bidding, when it only would have cost you another $2 (or so that's what the auctioneer will tell you). Why would anyone ever stop bidding if it were only another $2? $2 is NOTHING, or so you people tell me. So everyone here that is going to that auction should never get outbid on the fish you are interested in, because hey, it's only another $2 (and it will help the club!!!), and you can bring back all those nice Jersey fish, breed them, and then bring them to CCA auctions and I will not have missed anything, anyway. I thank you in advance for doing that for me!!!

Joel

'tito pass me a tissue." you guys might wanna give him his 20.00 dues back cuz you might get an audit or a request for itemized spending rotflmaooooooooooooooooooooo. seriously though man its not this serious and im gonna leave it at that.

cabinetmkr39

DavidG / CCA Member
So Mrkillie, I gather from your rant that your not going.Shame I would have payed your 2 dollars .
Hey Uncleruckus ,Mrkillie is not green, Do I need to say anymore.

maddog10

Members
You guys are harsh. You can't bash someone for setting standards/limits and actually sticking to them. At an auction cheap and willpower are interchangeable.

Maybe we should start charging for the wings, it's just $2 :p

mrkillie

Members
You guys are harsh. You can't bash someone for setting standards/limits and actually sticking to them. At an auction cheap and willpower are interchangeable.

Maybe we should start charging for the wings, it's just $2 :p

And it will help the club!!