• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

eastcoastcichlids Auction

kbeaudean

Members
Ok i have to get in on this, if any one (the first 12 people) that wants to go we will pay the $2.00 bidders card fee.

Mikeinco

Members
I'd be more concerned about the cash only part. How come they don't take plastic? I can't go anyway, the drive back to colorado would suck. lol

maddog10

Members
I'd be more concerned about the cash only part. How come they don't take plastic? I can't go anyway, the drive back to colorado would suck. lol

Not all clubs are setup to take credit cards. It is hard to justify having a merchant account and a card reader for 1 or 2 days a year. Our club auctions are cash only.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
Since you guys like paying for bidder cards so much, maybe some of you should reserve April 19th for the North Jersey AS auction. You can give them $5 for a bidder card.

http://www.njas.net/documents/springauction09.pdf
OH THAT SURELY WONT DO! OPENING WEEKEND FOR STRIPERS(AKA ROCKFISH) :p:D MANLAW #15 NEVER MISS OPENING DAY OF FISH SEASON WHICH INCLUDES MAN FOODS LIKE BEER, COLDCUTS, BEER, RIBS, BEER...DID I SAY BEER? :confused::D BUT SERIOUSLY CARTEL, DANGER_CHICKEN AND I WILL BE ON THE WATER THAT WEEKEND AND HOPEFULLY ON THE GRILL WITH OUR CATCH WHEN EACH GET HOME. HOPE YOU GET SOME GOOD DEALS. ;)

maddog10

Members
I always hated opening day. Way too many boats on the water. I used to take my boat out on weekdays. Lot less traffic. Now I just go out on charters 3 or 4 times a year.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Tone it down guys...let us all get along;)

Have no fear the stimulus package money will be arriving soon and then we can all afford $2.00 for anything.

RM

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I always hated opening day. Way too many boats on the water. I used to take my boat out on weekdays. Lot less traffic. Now I just go out on charters 3 or 4 times a year.
MAYBE WE CAN DO SOME FISHING SOMETIME ..NLY IF YOU PROMISE NOT TO WHERE THE WC UNIFORM THOUGH ;) :D

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
OH THAT SURELY WONT DO! OPENING WEEKEND FOR STRIPERS(AKA ROCKFISH) :p:D MANLAW #15 NEVER MISS OPENING DAY OF FISH SEASON WHICH INCLUDES MAN FOODS LIKE BEER, COLDCUTS, BEER, RIBS, BEER...DID I SAY BEER? :confused::D BUT SERIOUSLY CARTEL, DANGER_CHICKEN AND I WILL BE ON THE WATER THAT WEEKEND AND HOPEFULLY ON THE GRILL WITH OUR CATCH WHEN EACH GET HOME. HOPE YOU GET SOME GOOD DEALS. ;)

Hey Uncle, you gonna take Danger Chic over ME? That's not right, you will need me bro! I am the fish magnet...they are practically jumping into the boat Man! I am the Fish Finder!!! It just so happens that Beer, Ribs and fresh grilled fish are my payment. :D How did you know???

RM

fischfan13

Banned
How about this:

Tell me when you get to the Reg Table that you are from the CCA and I will waive the $2 for a bidder card.

Pat Kelly

CCA Member
Staff member
Okay, this has gone on long enough.

Looking at other web sites this appears to be a
common thing up north. The ECC is also taking a lot smaller cut on the auction then most others north east of us.

This forum is for fish fun, fish learning and general good times.

dogofwar

CCA Members
"Maybe we should start charging for the wings, it's just $2"

Could we put out a coffee can with a slot in the lid for those who wish to drop in a voluntary donation?

Every little bit helps! ;)

fischfan13

Banned
Okay, this has gone on long enough.

Looking at other web sites this appears to be a
common thing up north. The ECC is also taking a lot smaller cut on the auction then most others north east of us.

This forum is for fish fun, fish learning and general good times.
Our site is giving a 70/30 split to anyone who pre-registers...thanks for mentioning this Pat.

My mention of giving a free bidder card is to anyone who is a member here.

If I offended anyone by getting into this conversation then I apologize.
I hope to see some of you on 04-04 at the ECC Spring Auction, and I hope to meet all of you on May 9th, as we are bringing a small entourage down to the CCA May Meeting.

dogofwar

CCA Members
You're quite gracious and I don't think you offended anyone (or at least me)!

You can have some free wings when you come to visit our club...

Matt

Our site is giving a 70/30 split to anyone who pre-registers...thanks for mentioning this Pat.

I hope to see some of you on 04-04 at the ECC Spring Auction, and I hope to meet all of you on May 9th, as we are bringing a small entourage down to the CCA May Meeting.

mrkillie

Members
mrkillie would have to join the CCA first!

Fat chance of that now! :)

Actually, I was at the Feb. meeting and had my application all filled out with $20 in an envelope in my jacket pocket, and took my jacket off when I got there and forgot all about it. Maybe next time.

Joel

Lively

Members
Fat chance of that now! :)

Actually, I was at the Feb. meeting and had my application all filled out with $20 in an envelope in my jacket pocket, and took my jacket off when I got there and forgot all about it. Maybe next time.

Joel

I did mine via mail - I knew I'd forget when I finally get to go to a meeting this April :)

mrkillie

Members

I don't see how offering to waive the fee would offend anyone. Thanks for the offer (and thanks to KBeaudean for the offer to pay the fee).

But seriously, for me, it's not the money, it's the principal. Like Julie said, apples and oranges-I'd rather spend my money on apples (fish) than oranges (a paper card that is useless). And it helps me to determine which auctions I will attend because there are quite a few. I try to do 1-2 each spring and 1-2 each fall, with a major convention or something (usually the AKA, but this year the ACA) at least every other year.

Joel