• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

DOING MY OWN WET DRY

danger_chicken

Swim Fishy Swim!
The key to avoiding flooding is putting a syphon break in the return and intake tubes as high up as you can (inside the tank) so only an inch of wate or less drains from the tank during a power outage. Then, setting the level in the sump correctly to handle the overflow (that inch of water that drains form the tank). If you have a hangon overflow then the aqualifter should be added to ensure the syphon resumes once the power comes back on and the pump is returning water to the tank. If the tank is drilled this isn't a problem.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
jon what I did was drill a hole in each of my overflow tubes and glued a valve to it then put silicone on it to be extra sure. I then put the tubing on and connect to the aqualifter which isn't in the sump. its placed in the back on top of tank on top of a emperor.the other six inch tube drains back into the tank.