• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Aquarium Care Class - Gaithersburg Library - May 6

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks Chris - I thought that it went well and that we had pretty good turn-out for a rainy Wednesday night. The people who attended were really engaged and asked good questions.

The library set up a display in the kids section and featured kids books on fish and aquariums. They said that they handed out lots and lots of fliers.

A kid didn't win...but a really appreciative guy did. He was very excited. We took pictures :)

It would be great to get donations and/or cobble together a couple more 10g set-ups to do future classes / raffles.

Thanks to Richard, Marge, Bob, and Chris for the support...and Tropical Fish World for the tank set-up...

cmcpart0422

Members
Lot of families too. When Matt asked at the end if people would be interested in him doing more classes like this, many people enthusiastically shouted out "Yeah"!

It was funny to hear all the little kids get excited when Matt turned on the tank. Hahahah

But I definitely think that people want more and I think this is the start of a good thing.

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
The magic of bubbles :)

Yes, and the presentation was Magical too. Excellent work Matt!

It was great to see Marge and Bob Bock( Sonny Disposition), and Chris(Cmcpart0422) come by and give us support. The library was packed, especially for a rainy evening and it was a nice surprise.

The format was right on the money and I believe we as a club should do more of these presentations for the future. Matt was very articulate and explained every facet of setting up a tank with enthusiasm. The kids were loving every second of it and the adults were excited as well.

As for the video, it's going to take me a week or so, maybe more because I have a lot on my plate right now at the office. The video turned out great. :D

I shot it on a digital camera and a regular 8mm video camera in order to capture the moment. It was an insurance plan in case one of the cameras crashed on me due to some unforeseen problem.

I had fun and look forward to the next one. By the way, I think we found our spokesman for the Club.;) Matt! LOL! :lol::lol::lol:Hahaaa.

I think the most important thing about this presentation was that we walked away with a good feeling of being a part of something special. :)

RM

Julie

Members
Congrats to everyone... especially to Matt.

Many people have great intentions... fewer manage to carry them out, and far fewer are successful. Sounds like Matt is one of the last group! :jumpy:

SubMariner

Master Jedi & Past VP
Here are pictures from the Aquarium Care Class Presentation:

IMG_5431.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

IMG_5438.jpg

IMG_5459.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

Lively

Members
I wish it wasn't so darned far away! I would love to help out with something like that.

Awesome job - I can't wait to see the video!

dogofwar

CCA Members
Thanks everyone! It would be great to do more of these in our local areas / libraries.

The librarians at the G'Burg branch of the Montgomery County Library gave me the contact info for the other branches.

I'm more than happy to share the PPT presentation that I used for this...and other LFS have already expressed interest in donating set-ups to assist...

Anyone have any extra 10gs, small air pumps, etc. to donate? ;)

Matt

PS I'm at work so I can't see the pictures. Hopefully I'll be fitter for the next one!!

I wish it wasn't so darned far away! I would love to help out with something like that.

Awesome job - I can't wait to see the video!

Sonny Disposition

Maybe some of the other shops would want to donate. Perhaps they could give you coupons for newcomers. You could give them out as a consolation prize to people who don't win the raffle.