• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

AquaFest Auction help

verbal

CCA Members
Please respond on this thread or send me a PM on where you want to sign up.

Here is a list of the needed slots:

SET-UP / REGISTRATION:
7 AM - 10 AM

SET-UP CREW

REGISTRATION DESK (8 AM - 12 Noon)

REGISTRATION DESK FOR STRAGGLERS (12 NOON - ??)

RUNNERS
AM SHIFT (10 AM - 1230)

PM SHIFT (1230 PM - END)

AUCTION CORRAL
AM SHIFT
SUPERVISOR:
WORKER 3
WORKER 4

PM SHIFT
SUPERVISOR
WORKER 1
WORKER 2
WORKER 3
WORKER 4

AUCTION DATA ENTRY:
PM:

AUCTION CASHIER:
AM:
PM:

TAG SALE CORRAL
AM SHIFT
SUPERVISOR:
WORKER 1:
WORKER 2:
WORKER 3:
WORKER 4:

PM SHIFT
SUPERVISOR:
WORKER 1:
WORKER 2:
WORKER 3:
WORKER 4:

CORRAL DATA ENTRY:
AM:
PM:

CORRAL CASHIER:
AM:
PM:

TEAR DOWN CREW:

chriscoli

Administrator
I'll definitely help out. What's the best way to do this while also getting to participate in the bidding?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Jesse, on the PVAS board I volunteered to be a runner on the AM shift.

Christine, you can bid while doing the running or working in the auction corral.

chriscoli

Administrator
Gotcha. And from your experience, what does working in the auction corral entail?

Sorry to be difficult, but I've never worked an auction this big....just watched in the past. We all know what runners and cashiers are....but is that just people queuing up the bags and keeping things in order?

mchambers

Former CCA member
Manuel would know best, as he's worked in the corral in the past, and perhaps managed it. But I think you're right. I think someone decides what items will be auctioned next, and the rest of the folks make sure there's a clipboard, pen, and slip of paper with the item number matched with the item.

I do the running because it's simple and I get to move around. (And this time I get to hang out with the other Matt.) It can be cognitively taxing bidding while carrying an item, but I usually manage to cope. :)

verbal

CCA Members
Gotcha. And from your experience, what does working in the auction corral entail?

Sorry to be difficult, but I've never worked an auction this big....just watched in the past. We all know what runners and cashiers are....but is that just people queuing up the bags and keeping things in order?

PM sent.

JasonC

Members
I'm begging to be off work this weekend... If I do get let off, I will definitely be willing to help in one way or another.

verbal

CCA Members
The staffing is starting to come together.

The staffing is starting to come together. Thanks to all who have stepped up so far.

A couple positions are still open:

Auction Data Entry - AM and PM

PM Runners