• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone does fishing?

Ophelia77

Members
I live in Perryville so i've been trying my luck at perry point and the susquehanna and once at octararo creek. I've caught very few fish. this past weekend I got skunked in 2 hours and called it a day. The water is just too hot and the season is bad right now.

Try going at night - there's a really good rock over there where we have yet to not come home with catfish. Also, rock state park is good, just a bit of a drive

davidhusker

Members
Try going at night - there's a really good rock over there where we have yet to not come home with catfish. Also, rock state park is good, just a bit of a drive

Yeah Caleb was telling me about it at ACA, im going to try and find it soon and put in some cut bait for the catfish.

caleb you better fill me in on this rock. perry point is a good spot my neighbor has been catching the cats down there the past 2-3 weeks.

Ophelia77

Members
Bring some sturdy shoes and be prepared to traipse through the poison ivy Justin - It's a bit off the beaten path LOL

lol, its all good. i acutally for whatever reason dont get poison ivy. i can roll in the stuff and never get it. quite fortuanate. bugs on the other hand love to eat me up.

This is on the harford or cecil side?

Ophelia77

Members
If your talking about the "secret rock" it's on cecil side. Gotta park on the side of the road and walk over some train tracks, then through the thicket on a deer trail. It's not bad, really. I have a severe phobia of things with 6 legs and wings and I make it just fine out there:)

davidhusker

Members
I dont think ill go, ill be out testing my boat for the second time friday afternoon near perry point so probably wont want to go back out.

illpoet

Members
i fish the north branch of the potomac like crazy! its great smallmouth fishing! rockfish are very tasty, i also like flounder and white perch alot

Spine

Members
I'm a panfish guy. I love to deep fry mine dipped in a flour,salt&pepper,cornmeal mix. A lot of my fishing is in local ponds and the C&O canal(Great falls) because it's close. Blue gills are my favorite and probably what I catch the most. I also keep some in my native tank (amazing spawning colors). I would love to catch some Crappie to keep at home but there not many down this way.