• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

Anyone does fishing?

ddavila06

Members
share your secrets! haha, i love fishing but don't know many places so yeah... i avoid smaller lakes because they are pretty abused and overcrowded unfortunately. my fab. spots are the potomac river, (around where the airport is) and great falls park.
i fish for bottom dwellers, mainly catfish, eels, more catfish have gotten nice rockfish, large mouth and random fish i don't kn ow what they are.
i do not eat fish, i don't like fish but once i hurt a rockfish so bad that i chose to try. tasted ok.:lol:

001.JPG

fish 001 (2).jpg

fish 001.jpg

fish 007.jpg

fish 005 (2).jpg

for sale 004.jpg

fishing & coocking! 020.JPG

for sale 001.jpg

mscichlid

Founder
Rockfish is uber delicious.

fbfishing.png

:rolleyes: Sry to kill you guys with pics

absolutely love fishing. been to the potomac once this year waiting desperately to go to back soon. Mainly fish the susquehanna for catfish. Starting to find some decent flatheads, except theyve sucked this year, and we pull up a decent channel every once in awhile

downsized_0421091519.jpg

5-20 Port Deposit Pier (White Crappie).jpg

10-22 Port Deposit Pier (Yellow Perch).jpg

06-11-10 Smallmouth Bass Railroad Bridge (2).jpg

10-14-10 Flathead Catfish Port Deposit Pier (8lb 9oz).jpg

10-26-10 Walleye Port Deposit Pier.jpg

10-07-10 Citation Channel Catfish 31 Inches 13 Lb 12oz.jpg

08-08-10 Channel Catfish From the Boat CITATION- 32 inches 11lbs 5oz.jpg

04-09-2011 Blue Catfish 38.15 lbs.jpg

03-29-2011 Common Carp (3).jpg

verbal

CCA Members
I am lucky enough to have a father-in-law that has a 46 foot fishing boat. We mainly fish for rockfish which means usually means fishing for spot first and then using them as bait.

Rockfish is good eating. If the filet is cut correctly there should be very little fishy taste if any.

stumbled upon the carp by chance. was fishing an ultra lite for white perch and kept catching them, the bigger one is 32" and 16lbs caught on a 4.5ft rod and 10lb test, the other was 9.5lbs. and 28" Had to keep em on a stringer till my buddy got there with a camera. They sure do like worms.

My husband is taking our 6 yo son fishing for the first time today...South River...south of Annapolis. Hoping for some white perch. I'm allergic to most fish, so can't comment on how anything tastes!

YSS

Members
Both of my kids love fishing and so do I. But can't go often as we are always too busy for something else, unfortunately. Haven't been fishing this year although my kids have while visiting friends. My son apparently caught three "HUGE" large mouth bass, but no record do back up the claims. :)

stumbled upon the carp by chance. was fishing an ultra lite for white perch and kept catching them, the bigger one is 32" and 16lbs caught on a 4.5ft rod and 10lb test, the other was 9.5lbs. and 28" Had to keep em on a stringer till my buddy got there with a camera. They sure do like worms.

By the way, where did you catch those carps? :eek: Koreans eat large carps for medicinal purposes. Supposed be realy good for your health if prepared in certain way.

i caught the carps in lower susquehanna around port deposit last year fishing relatively shallow waters, plain old earthworms or a carolina rig with a smaller hook for perch. i had another one that day that was probably 8lb or so that i lost before i could get a hand on it. i figured they were in there spawning or setting up for it.

Caleb- the fishing sucks right now, im trying all over. Above the dam, below the dam. Octararo lake, other secret spots in PA. Nothing. Might have to dropa line in my tank if i dont catch something soon. Wait till fall and well hit the pier, come october the catfish are in there hot and heavy.

07-11-2011 Channel Catfish 10lb 5oz 29 Inches.jpg

04-14-2011 Largemouth Bass 5lb 6oz 20 Inches.jpg

06-13-2011 Largemouth Bass 2lb 7oz.jpg

Asian Carp (Lookin' Down).jpg

Bowfin.jpg

Soft Shell Turtle.jpg

im assuming you mean the Bowfin, caught them during a trip to Tennessee. Fight a hell of alot better than bass. nasty teeth and slimy though. The locals there call them grendel and consider them trash, and discard them on the bank. we caught probablt 18 of them throughout the week, biggest was probably 7lb or so, smallest around 11-12" was almost brought home to my tank, but 14 hrs is a long drive.

verbal

CCA Members
im assuming you mean the Bowfin, caught them during a trip to Tennessee. Fight a hell of alot better than bass. nasty teeth and slimy though. The locals there call them grendel and consider them trash, and discard them on the bank. we caught probablt 18 of them throughout the week, biggest was probably 7lb or so, smallest around 11-12" was almost brought home to my tank, but 14 hrs is a long drive.

Yeah that is it. It is a cool looking fish.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I LOVE TO FISH. ROCKFISH ARE FUN TO CATCH AND COOK. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED ROCKFISH STUFFED WITH GARLIC, CRABMEAT, SCALLOPS, AND CHEDDAR CHEESE? BAKED OR GRILLED ITS A NICE DISH. HERE ARE SOME PICS I FOUND.

200704291611_00432.jpg

200704221554_00424.jpg

200705180935_00460.jpg

CCA OSCAR 017.jpg

CCA OSCAR 014.jpg

Image00134.jpg

Photo 271.jpg

Photo 255.jpg

davidhusker

Members
I have been fishing a lot the past couple weeks. I went on vacation in missouri and we caught a school of Bluegill maybe 8 or 9 and one channel cat about 4 lbs. nothing big.

I live in Perryville so i've been trying my luck at perry point and the susquehanna and once at octararo creek. I've caught very few fish. this past weekend I got skunked in 2 hours and called it a day. The water is just too hot and the season is bad right now. I am excited for the fall and winter fishing for perch and stripers on the susky.

mscichlid

Founder
Man, you have no idea of how good fresh, non-stinking fish, tastes until you try it.

I'm going to try and save some money to go in September with my brother again.

He goes out of Chesapeake Beach.

UNCLERUCKUS

"THE ALL POWERFUL Q !!
I KNOW SOME GOOD CAPTAINS TOO...I JUST DONT LIKE HOW FISH TASTES..EWWW YUK!! GIMME ALL THE OTHER SEAFOOD AND IM THERE! WHEN YA GOING IN SEPTEMBER? I HAVENT GONE FISHING THIS YEAR DUE TO ONE THING OR ANOTHER. LEMME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ROOM FOR ANOTHER PERSON.