• You liked BFD7 now you should join this forum and of course become a club member to see what CCA is all about.
  • Thank you to everyone who registered and showed up for the BIG Fish Deal #7.

240 build

gliebig

Members
Waiting for my cycle to finish. I'm bored so I took some tank pics.
IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1082.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

gliebig

Members
Now that my tank is cycling, I'm starting to think about what fish I want. I go back and forth between mbuna and peacocks, but leaning towards mbuna. My head is starting to hurt. lol.
(My tank is 60"x36"x25").

I'm thinking about an all male tank. I really don't feel like dealing with breeding and I think fish are going to be hard to catch in here.
Short list of fish I like:
Mbuna:
Yellow:
yellow labs
Blue:
Demasoni or Saulosi
Others:
Red Zebras
Cynotilapia afra (Cobue)
Metriaclima estherae (OB)
White/albino:
Albino zebra?( don't know the name.)
Need suggestions

Peacocks: (males)
Aulonocara baenschi
Aulonocara Sp. Fire Fish Dragon Blood
Aulonocara jacobfreibergi "Eureka Albino"
Strawberry peacock - just saw pics, don't know the name

Haps:
Cyrtocara moorii
Placidochromis sp. "Phenochilus Tanzania"

Catfish:
Synodontis petricola or
Synodontis multipunctatus

Looking for suggestions.

cmcpart0422

Members
Nice thing about saulosi is that the males are blue and black like the demasoni while the females are yellow. But I would have to agree with you on the all male peacocks/Hap. Some of my favorites include:

A. Lwanda
A. Baenschi
A. Koningsi (absolutely love this fish)
A. Maulana (never owned but have seen some awesome specimens)
A. Red Shoulder
A. Ngara
A. Stuartgranti usisya (quickly becoming my favorite)
A. Ruby red
OB (Offers some nice color but can be nasty)

I havent owned many haps but in a tank that size im sure you could have several. Im sure some other people will chime in with some haps that work well with peacocks in all male tanks.

Cartel

Members
Here is my current stock list if it gives you an idea. All males and they are getting along just fine right now.

Peacocks
1. Aulonocara Koningsi "Blue Regal"
2. Aulonocara Stuartgranti "Red Shoulder"
3. Aulonocara Jacobfreibergi "Eureka"

Haps
1. Protomelas Taeniolatus
2. Sciaenochromis Fryeri
3. Protomelas Spilonotus
4. Copadichromis Mloto
5. Chilotilapia Rhodesii
6. Fossorochromis Rostratus
7. Buccochromis Nototaenia
8. Champsochromis Caeruleus
9. Dimidiochromis Compressiceps
10. Aristochromis Crystyi
11. Tramitichromis Intermedia
12. Buccochromis Spectabillis
13. Placidochromis Phenochilus

gliebig

Members
Trying to get the stock list down. Also I need to start thinking about how many total of each and the male/female ratio.
How about:

1)Demasoni. #'s, m/f?
2)Yellow labs #'s, m/f?
3)Albino socolofi #'s, m/f?
4)Pseudotropheus socolofi #'s, m/f?
5)Thinking about a mix of red zebras and ob red zebras. #'s
6)Labidochromis Gigas
7) Syno petricola or multipunctatus. Would they both eat fry?

hurtmypony

Members
That tank looks fantastic!

And after watching the Rift Valley Lakes special on the Science Channel, I have to say it the decor looks unmistakeably like the African Cichlid's native environment!

gliebig

Members
That tank looks fantastic!

And after watching the Rift Valley Lakes special on the Science Channel, I have to say it the decor looks unmistakeably like the African Cichlid's native environment!

Thanks. I can't wait to actually get some feesh in here. :animal0028:

Rasta Fish

Members
Very nice setup Greg
seems like your set on the Mbunas which is not a bad choice they can look awesome in that tank but may I suggest adding more rocks, then stuff it full, crowding these guys is a good way to cut down on the aggression
That setup would look great with all male mix of some of your fav Mbuna, Peacocks and Haps also

gliebig

Members
I think the cycle is finally complete. :cool: I added 3 small albino socolofi yesterday just to make sure they do okay before I place a large order.

My background has a few small gaps in the side where I couldn't hit it with the silicone. I put the fish in the tank last night then ran out to the front from the backroom to see them. I looked hard, but could only find one of them. I went in the back room and noticed two of them had found their way behind the background. :angry:
I netted them and put them back in the main part of the tank. Ran out front to see them and could only find one. Went back and there they were again, behind the background. :wacko::p. I tossed them over the wall again and they finally stayed. :p Now I just have to beef them up a little so they can't vanish on me.